The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

trying to get v2 2g dsmlink to work..."no response recieved" error

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talyn

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I bought 2nd hand a v2 2g dsmlink setup, I verified the ECM has the chip in it(it does, and looks legitimate) I have the OBDII adapter(also looks legitimate) and a serial data cable, I am trying to connect to it with a relatively new HP laptop running windows 7, using the latest version of dsmlink software, and every single time I try to connect get the error "no response recieved".

I have my connection set for the correct car and dsmlink version, key on, engine off, CEL comes on for ~3s and goes out like its supposed to, and I have pulled codes before without issue(with my original ecm anyways).

If anyone in the pittsburgh area is familiar with dsmlink and could help me try to figure this out, that would be great, I would be willing to compensate, so if anyone is able and willing PM me and we'll work something out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back