The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stroker Vacuum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolinawd91

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2005
Mt. Washington, Kentucky
I think some odd is going on with my 2.4, I have FP2 cams and I see about 14-15 vac at idle (1000rpm) and only about 19 when I let off in the upper rpms. My question is does this seem normal? And what kind vacuum readings are people seeing with your strokers with cams at idle and when you let off in the upper rpm's? Reason I ask is my car runs rather rich and also from what I've been reading (did a search) the vac I'm pulling is what most 2.0L's do with these cams.

I have an 8.8:1 2.3 stroker with Comp 200's (equivalent to the FP2's) and I see 15-16 in./hg. at 700 RPM and 25 in./hg. on deceleration. I agree that your vacuum may be a little low for your setup. I would spray all of the vacuum lines with carb and choke cleaner and listen for changes while at idle. If idle jumps, drops or fluctuates, you likely have a vacuum leak.

Good luck and enjoy that monster,

Andy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back