The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] SACHS CLUTCH 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbizmo

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Salinas, California
I just want to know if i Can use the STOCK flywheel on my 420a with a sachs stage 2 power clutch? the guy told me it came with a flywheel but thet WTF did not send it to me :banghead:

Thats because the flywheel is riveted to your clutch which is called a Modular Clutch. There should only be ONE piece and then your flexplate. There is no actual stock flywheel unless you have converted.

oh so there is no need of RESURFACING so it will be a STRAIGHT BOLT ON?

well its a little bit to late i already bought the clutch so might as well put it right. see how long it last then if and when it gives up on me then i will consider switching to NON MODULAR clutch =-)

What i am just saying the FLEX PLATE does not need Resurfacing so when i put this clutch on?

Just stick with the modular set up.

There are 4 bolts that you need to screw in. Only 3 of them are on the same axis, so it only goes on one way, do not try to force a bolt if it goes in crooked or any other unnatural way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back