The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Racing plans for this year -2012!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You should bring it to Evo/sti day at etown so I can see it in person :)

I would love to bring it there, but there is no way i can make that trip so soon. I still have at least two more weeks of stuff to do on it. Plus ill be saving my money so i can enter it in import vs domestic at mir this November!

I hear ya. Just had a baby as well so car money got a little tighter,LOL. Congrats on the baby and the car so far. I can't believe that was the shell from Nate. I guess Ill try to make it to MIR in November!

Thanks! Me and my buddy Nathan painted it. Justin designed and supplied the paint!
Yup, I was the paint sponsor.

The roof is one quart of basecoat black, the color was two quarts of a modified formula which began as GM Storm Gray, code WA391E. The clear is PPG DCU2082 Stratoclear which is generally a quick-drying spot-repair clear but I knew these guys were going to be painting the car one piece at a time so it would work out great. Set them up with some slow hardener so the clear would level out, and as you can see it turned out awesome!

What class are you planing on running at the world cup finals?

What ever the 9.99 class is, unless i cant cause of my weight then i have no clue.
Wow...that shell has come a long long way!
Yeah i have been busting my ass every chance i get, but its paying off just about done! I'm getting very excited!

I'm looking forward to you out and about again man. I was hoping to chat with you at the SO, but I was so caught up in racing my bucket. MIR is going to be a blast this year. Do you plan on doing some T@T before the event to work out any bugs you may have, so you can arrive at full kill? I'm hoping to see you bust some supra's and further that HX-40 record! I think I talk more about you in my household than any other person on the forums. Maybe it's a MD thing..Haha.. But at least my girl knows what a HX-40 billit wheel is.

I'm looking forward to you out and about again man. I was hoping to chat with you at the SO, but I was so caught up in racing my bucket. MIR is going to be a blast this year. Do you plan on doing some T@T before the event to work out any bugs you may have, so you can arrive at full kill? I'm hoping to see you bust some supra's and further that HX-40 record! I think I talk more about you in my household than any other person on the forums. Maybe it's a MD thing..Haha.. But at least my girl knows what a HX-40 billit wheel is.

Thanks man! Yeah i didnt get to talk to alot of people this year that i wanted too. To be honest, i was a little down this year at the shootout, cause i didnt get to bring the car and show it off and race it. I will make sure its there next year!

I wanted to do the same thing with my Guage cluster.It looks awesome like that.What speed sensor did you use for the speedometer?2g?
Yes a 2g one, i dont have mine wired up yet but the gauge says will work with most electronic speed sensors.

What track do you guys T&T at?
Just saw that someone else had already asked a similar question about the speed sensor sorry

I mostly tnt at prp in PA, near Pittsburgh. Went to hagerstown a few times befor i starting going fast then they wouldnt let me run anymore! Now that I'll be legal i may run there more often.

Looking good! Can't wait to see some results. Ask Justin if he wants to be my paint sponsor LOL.

Good luck finishing her up and killing it with the hx40!

Looking good! Can't wait to see some results. Ask Justin if he wants to be my paint sponsor LOL.

Thanks man, I am dying to take this thing to the track! Still waiting on my intercooler piping, exhaust, and fuel cell to be built.

Got somemore work done on the car, now just a fuel cell and pumps are left to do! Once I get the fuel cell and pumps in, im gonna do some dynoing with it then pulling the motor out to install better rods and pistons, so that being said probably wont see any track time this year, but she'll be ready for spring!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got somemore work done on the car, now just a fuel cell and pumps are left to do! Once I get the fuel cell and pumps in, im gonna do some dynoing with it then pulling the motor out to install better rods and pistons, so that being said probably wont see any track time this year, but she'll be ready for spring!

Whats wrong Dave you don't trust those eagles? Think they'll try to fly away? LOL

That's a good choice Dave. At your power level, your setup is a ticking time bomb.
I am doing the same thing over the winter more than likely. I was really looking forward to seeing you at MIR this Nov., but your doing the right thing. Props to Ricky for building such a stout motor that has lasted multiple seasons, and a ton of passes. Look forward to watching you kill it next year.

Whats wrong Dave you don't trust those eagles? Think they'll try to fly away? LOL

Really dont want to destroy my head and block, if something would happen! It might take more abuse, but dont want to find out.

That's a good choice Dave. At your power level, your setup is a ticking time bomb.
I am doing the same thing over the winter more than likely. I was really looking forward to seeing you at MIR this Nov., but your doing the right thing. Props to Ricky for building such a stout motor that has lasted multiple seasons, and a ton of passes. Look forward to watching you kill it next year.

Yeah sorry cant take the car to mir, I really wanted too, promise it will be there next year! The motor is still strong, has a little blow by, nothing a new set of rings can't fix... but yeah im impressed on how much this motor took! Im gonna install some Wiseco Hd 10-1 pistons, with 23mm wrist pins, and a set of MAP rods, or Manley Turbo Tuffs! either way should be strong enough for what ever the HX40 can through at it.

Dave your car is so impressing I think you have gave a a new meaning for the guys running holsets and limits of them

More work done to the car, I ended up doing away with the headlights and installing some covers in their place! also have the fuel cell mounted and done, with a cage around the cell for protection! Now time to run the fuel lines and build a engine harness!

Attachments

• jzw5l0.jpg
    jzw5l0.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 2nqfk2c.jpg
    2nqfk2c.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 58
  • epi39u.jpg
    epi39u.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 54
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back