The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I second a sunroof plug.

I think I'm going to suck it up and order the Carbon Fiber one that I found. I wish I could find some feedback on it first but I guess someone has to be the guinea pig. I'll let you know what I think...

The sunroof plugs already get made folks, by carbonetics, or any sheet metal fabricator can do it!

I would like to see a rear diffuser and under tray, front splitter, and canards all sold in a kit. It would be nice to know that there is function to them, but not necessarily wind tunnel tested. More like a street kit that you don't have to hack the whole bumper out for but will still function some at a track day.

I would like to see a rear diffuser and under tray, front splitter, and canards all sold in a kit. It would be nice to know that there is function to them, but not necessarily wind tunnel tested. More like a street kit that you don't have to hack the whole bumper out for but will still function some at a track day.
Velox motorsports said if there was enough interest theh would design aero for our car... doubt itll be cheap.

The sunroof plugs already get made folks, by carbonetics, or any sheet metal fabricator can do it!

Not really interested in a drag style plug that will most likely leak. I want something that will be sealed to the elements since this is a road car. I'd even prefer that it'd be a sunroof glass replacement so I can still open the sunroof but not have the heavy burden of glass up there.

Velox motorsports said if there was enough interest theh would design aero for our car... doubt itll be cheap.

If it looked and functioned properly I would be willing to pay a pretty good price. Maybe not Voltex pricing, but a pretty penny none the less. It looks like a rear diffuser would run maybe 400-600. If the kit could be had for 1500 for what I listed they would have my money.

Ill shoot them an email maybe just to add to the interest.

Not really interested in a drag style plug that will most likely leak. I want something that will be sealed to the elements since this is a road car. I'd even prefer that it'd be a sunroof glass replacement so I can still open the sunroof but not have the heavy burden of glass up there.

That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

Do you know anyone that is running the Carbonetics plug? I've looked for feedback but found nothing.

If it looked and functioned properly I would be willing to pay a pretty good price. Maybe not Voltex pricing, but a pretty penny none the less. It looks like a rear diffuser would run maybe 400-600. If the kit could be had for 1500 for what I listed they would have my money.

Ill shoot them an email maybe just to add to the interest.
They cad test against the drag and downforce areas or what ever, theres some cool pix on their site, they are mainly into the BRZ and recently ford RS market right now and amazing work they do! i am not in the market personally for aero, but i asked cause i know others are.

Well the glass is not all the weight as the brackets and sliders are the bulk of it so your going to save around 12lbs only give or take but the main weight would be the moving body of the sunroof, he has one that just replaces the glass aswell and one that plug its in place and seals it fully.

Both are on his facebook page and the ones ive seen are just randoms i have come across on fb and his page and i assume they seal and work just fine.

Do you know anyone that is running the Carbonetics plug? I've looked for feedback but found nothing.
Not personally no, he has some pics on his fb page so have a search and see what pics and if you know anyones cars with it on

Well the glass is not all the weight as the brackets and sliders are the bulk of it so your going to save around 12lbs only give or take but the main weight would be the moving body of the sunroof, he has one that just replaces the glass aswell and one that plug its in place and seals it fully.

Both are on his facebook page and the ones ive seen are just randoms i have come across on fb and his page and i assume they seal and work just fine.

I'll take a look at his FB page and see if I can find it. I've only seen the Instagram. It's a little difficult to gauge fitment and products by using a Inst and Fb page as a store instead of having a proper website. At least what I saw was a carbon plug without any proper sealing for a drag style setup. Sunroofs have drain channels to move whatever water seeps through out of the body. These cars already suffer from rust bucket syndrome, don't want to expedite the process on mine if it can be helped.

Last edited:
I'll take a look at his FB page and see if I can find it. I've only seen the Instagram. It's a little difficult to gauge fitment and products by using a Inst and Fb page as a store instead of having a proper website. At least what I saw was a carbon plug without any proper sealing for a drag style setup. Sunroofs have drain channels to move whatever water seeps through out of the body. These cars already suffer from rust bucket syndrome, don't want to expedite the process on mime if it can be helped.
I agree, he kept the seals in 1 and it was bonded in so zero chance of rain sitting around, the other was still useable so the oem drains were used still just the weight of the glass was removed

1g wiper cowl air duct block offs. On my raecar I installed a few things in the wiper linkage compartment and it would be nice to not have wide open air ducts above them. If there is nothing out there I will see if I can get an autobody friend to fiberglass them over the top and then paint them.

1g wiper cowl air duct block offs. On my raecar I installed a few things in the wiper linkage compartment and it would be nice to not have wide open air ducts above them. If there is nothing out there I will see if I can get an autobody friend to fiberglass them over the top and then paint them.
Carbonetics makes a carbon fiber cowl, they may have something for you.

If anyone is looking for a fuel cell, Broken Wrench Performance makes a bolt in 14 gallon fuel cell for 1g that weighs 19lbs. I recently purchased one and everything was perfect.

A dashboard passenger-airbag delete. Not just a carbon fiber tray or a piece of plastic I stick in there to replace it. An actual delete. Like no more airbag and no more airbag slot. Just dashboard. Long, rolling, smooth, sensual dashboard :thumb:

I can't be the only one who is sick of seeing an airbag on the passenger's side of the dashboard. It should be located elsewhere or completely removed so you get a continuous dashboard like many of the other import cars: S14, S13, 300ZX, 350Z ...

See? :D

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back