The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Products the DSM crowd would like to see made

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Working on this and want to offer something better the. Whats currently there. and i can do front 1g fender braces if someone gets me a 1g to mock up
Better then the 2g crossmembers? Apart from mocking it a different way and more cross bracing on the other bolting locations its not a bad way as it is. I would like it slightly smaller in the OD department as its thicker then it really needs to be,

I would have to measure it up for you over the weekend
Mine would be 1 5/8 chromoly .083 thick and I'd I'd make the two piece subframe brace design a single piece most likely, rather then the 1/8 plate that uses the factory subframe brace over it, lighter, simpler, little more costly, but probably worth it

How about cam angle sensor cover that DSM machined into it .... maybe a plain nice smooth cover, Turbo , 2.0 , 4G63 ...I seen they make Carbon fiber cover but why not a nice machined aluminum cover

How about cam angle sensor cover that DSM machined into it .... maybe a plain nice smooth cover, Turbo , 2.0 , 4G63 ...I seen they make Carbon fiber cover but why not a nice machined aluminum cover
I have been working on them for awhile but my router is not agreeing with me

This is also already done. Front line fab do them and i believe black gst or someone does them, i have both smooth and engraved ones and they are nice, they even do the early ones for adjustable CAS

Someone should make rally suspension for DSMs, then maybe more people would be willing to get into it. It wouldn't even be that hard for a fabricator, most of the stuff could be Evo-based...

Someone should make rally suspension for DSMs, then maybe more people would be willing to get into it. It wouldn't even be that hard for a fabricator, most of the stuff could be Evo-based...

Not sure of what your budget is, but DMS and Hotbits cater to stage rally applications.

Not sure of what your budget is, but DMS and Hotbits cater to stage rally applications.

Nice rally car!! I already have allwheelsdriven suspension on order ($2600), they're custom making it for me with dimensions I gave them, I can only hope that it doesn't require modification once it arrives... DMS is a little out of my price range!

It would be great if someone made ready-to-go suspension though, it would make things much easier!

Attachments

• 10669311_559605777473005_171843257646905040_o.jpg
    10669311_559605777473005_171843257646905040_o.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 133
Nice rally car!! I already have allwheelsdriven suspension on order ($2600), they're custom making it for me with dimensions I gave them, I can only hope that it doesn't require modification once it arrives... DMS is a little out of my price range!

It would be great if someone made ready-to-go suspension though, it would make things much easier!

Evo suspension isn't difficult to work with for a 1g. My latest Rallycross project will employ re-valved Evo HD Bilsteins in the front. I am still working out what I will use in the rear. The FWD 1g have even less options. Glad to see more members that don't mind getting their DSM dirty.

Evo suspension isn't difficult to work with for a 1g. My latest Rallycross project will employ re-valved Evo HD Bilsteins in the front. I am still working out what I will use in the rear. The FWD 1g have even less options. Glad to see more
members that don't mind getting their DSM dirty.

I've heard from others as well that Evo stuff is pretty similar to 1Gs in the front, but the rear can be a challenge to make Evo stuff work. I've been emailing a guy who actually used Evo8 struts on his 1G stage rally car for years, now getting Evo DMS 50s on there!

Playing in the dirt is fun, it's a shame that there aren't more DSMs doing it!

1g manual rack bracket. Only one of the two is different and Mitsubishi has been out of them for years!! Somebody like me for example, who has a rack and can't find the one different bracket anywhere. I would pay $50 if someone made one of these little dang things.

Talk to ODI at feal suspension, he does rally spec coilovers and would be alot cheaper then hotbits

I would them to make the 1g 1piece carbon fiber drive shaft
Erm..... driveshafts cant be carbon! Propshafts can be and they are already made by DSS

They can. It's pretty common in aerospace and is making its way to our playground.
In aerospace where im guessing is the luna rover or similer and it goes 15mph! It would not last 2 mins on our cars as we break hard carbon steel and special alloyed driveshafts as it is! So carbon would be the worst material ever for driveshafts! Ok maybe we should called them axles as driveshafts can also be called prop shafts, so in that axles cannot be made in carbon! Because they just wont last,

So maybe its in aerospace but its never going to make it to the cars! Even F1 dont use carbon axles! And if they dont then it must be for a reason as they would be years ago if it was possible. Not that i like F1 but they are big innovators of carbon, koenigsegg also are big players in carbon and they still use the best which is a carbon alloy for axles! Cars like ason martin ect use a carbon propshaft but as i said they are not the same as axles

chromoly 2g front subframe +
strut bar that acually mounts to the firewall
Our firewall is too thin for a 3rd connector! While it can be done and has been the flex would still remail unless its going through to the dash's cross bar or roll cage

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back