The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Not enough clutch adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No and I feel like I made a mistake doing that. I'm gonna go to a junk yard and there's a 1.8 there and hopefully the assemblies are the same and I'm gonna start over.
They are not the same. Don't bother. The pedal itself might be but the entire assembly isnt.
I still don't understand how you have play
The pedal,long rod and the lever attached to the master should all be one piece now.

I don't understand either. I mean when I looked at the bushing they looked great, the bushing that holds the adjustment nut is fine, the bushing under the pivot arm I couldn't tell but I don't see how the bushing could make the slop. Maybe in and out play but not like this. I was going to take it out and look at the clutch pedal that goes to the rod itself but I forgot it's already welded.

I unbolted the rod under the dash and for some reason when I test the welds outside the car by stopping the pivot arm from moving and applying pressure on the pedal it's fine. But once I put it in the car the welds break immediately.

Alright so I took the assembly back out. Getting pretty good at it considering it's like my 7th time. I got to cutting the old welds off until i got like have way and took a air chisel to it and it spun the nut off. I then welded the stud directly to the pivot arm and now I have a full clutch pedal. When I got the pivot arm off there was a good inch of play. But after weeks of battle I finally won. Thank you everyone LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back