The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

News about Joe Bucci

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
If any of you have some good stories or memories of Joe, please reply here and share them. Or share your photos.

“This is Tony Bucci, my brother Joe had sudden cardiac arrest Saturday night, he was rushed to the hospital because he was unresponsive and is now in a coma. There is no chance for him to wake up and we are now saying some of the hardest goodbyes. So many people love and have done so much good in this world with Joe, please keep him and his family in your thoughts and direct any inquiries to me.”
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You gotta be f'n kidding me! @94TSiAWD - if this is truly the end of your journey, the DSM world will be mourning the loss of a great ambassador. Hoping for news of a miracle.

Last edited:
I saw this not long ago! shocking bad news, I know they don't think he will wake up but hang in there! people have come out of worse so we ALL hope he can wake up from this and get back to what he loves to do.

It's not good guys. Let's pay respect! 🙏🙏🙏

I had the privilege of talking to him a few times over the years. Most recently last year at the Shootout. Stand-up guy. I had a few questions regarding a turbo setup, and spent time with me going over things for my end goal. Dude really had a passion and was a good genuine person. If he ends up not beating the coma, then he will truly be missed. I hope he defies the odds and comes out of this.

They probably got his pulse back but he may have been down too long and the brain is gone. Could be wrong though, but I see it happen a lot.

This type of thing is happening more and more, to a specific group of subjects and it's downright terrifying. Had a healthy athletic 27 year old experience the same thing, except we couldn't get his heart to beat again.

I didn't know him personally, but I enjoyed his videos and his accolades in the DSM platform are legendary. Seemed like a good dude.

Sad we'll never hear a new "put cheese on it".

Absolutely terrible news!!
Joe was a great and valuable resource and ambassador for our community, awesome YouTuber, and seemed to be genuinely even better of a person.
Going to binge watch some of his older videos, upset we won't get to see him go further in his journey, selfishly.
But reaffirms the statement, "Be sure to tell someone you love them, as you will never be sure when you won't be able too"
Love and prayers for his family.

Just a week ago I was looking through his website on archive.org after reading through the 14b thread and wondering what happened as his [and toms] site seemed and still seems ahead of it's time, I then was happy to see he was still doing stuff on youtube. I looked through his video history thinking man when did his beard color turn haha so I dove deep. I remember in '16 or maybe '17ish he went around the shootout giving people random awards and I gave him a snide comment about doing that and always regretted it. I seriously think about that often and he probably forgot about it the next day. So stupid and I'll carry that probably forever. He's such an excellent outgoing and positive person and I'll forever regret giving him shit on him being him.

This is horrible news, absolutely sickening. Only silver lining here is it makes me want to go to the doctor and see what's up as I haven't done that since the 90s. You never know with life but some things can be foreseen and possibly corrected. May this be a wake up call to some of us.

Sad. Very sad.

Just a week ago I was looking through his website on archive.org after reading through the 14b thread and wondering what happened as his [and toms] site seemed and still seems ahead of it's time, I then was happy to see he was still doing stuff on youtube. I looked through his video history thinking man when did his beard color turn haha so I dove deep. I remember in '16 or maybe '17ish he went around the shootout giving people random awards and I gave him a snide comment about doing that and always regretted it. I seriously think about that often and he probably forgot about it the next day. So stupid and I'll carry that probably forever. He's such an excellent outgoing and positive person and I'll forever regret giving him shit on him being him.

This is horrible news, absolutely sickening. Only silver lining here is it makes me want to go to the doctor and see what's up as I haven't done that since the 90s. You never know with life but some things can be foreseen and possibly corrected. May this be a wake up call to some of us.

Sad. Very sad.

I didn’t know him but it’s important you let this go. Doesn’t seem like he’s the type to hold that against you, and it’s only gonna hurt you in the end. This type of stuff kills people slowly because it eats them alive with regret.

But, for what it’s worth, I’ve seen people come back from crazy shit that should’ve absolutely killed them. Including a dude who took a 9mm round through the head, into the brain, and survived. Absolutely zero chance and zero reason he should’ve pulled through but he did.

I first met Joe in Tampa when I lived there almost 25 years ago. I remember racing against him at Bradenton in my previous DSM. His and Turbo Tom’s podcast and videos are the main reason I bought another DSM. I’ve been so gutted to hear this. Prayers for his family.

We are less now, because of this.

Guys, we old now. All of us have gray hair. Take care of yourself and live life to your fullest.

I was told he collapsed while pushing his car back to the pits after winning his race......so he was on cloud 9 when he went. So there's that......

I saw him in ohio great guy whenever i saw him lots of laughter. He was working on his fwd when i saw him last in the pit he couldnt talk he was too busy but said hello as usual.

I know some may like and some may not like the YouTuber Cletus McFarland, but none the less, he gives Joe a nice send off with very kind words at the very end of this video that I just wanted to share. It is about an hour long so his talk about Joe is at the very end.
Rest in Peace Joe!
Marty

Oh man, the Shootout wouldn't be the same without his energy there. Does anybody know if he has had health issues in the past?

I know some may like and some may not like the YouTuber Cletus McFarland, but none the less, he gives Joe a nice send off with very kind words at the very end of this video that I just wanted to share. It is about an hour long so his talk about Joe is at the very end.
Rest in Peace Joe!
Marty

Despite his character, Garrett is honestly a really nice guy, I've had the chance to talk to him and his gang a couple times now at WCF and in Florida and he genuinely meant what he said at the end of the video.

I've placed an order for a few of the Joe stickers from Nick Amaral, I'll be passing them around to all the Canadians that plan to return to Ohio this year.

I'm just glad I had the opportunity to meet Joe back in 2019 at the Shootout, I walked into Dunkin' on Saturday morning, saw him in line, I just said out loud - "Put cheese on it" and he instantly turned around with a big smile LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back