The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G New Member, just bought the lowest mileage 1g i've ever seen

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeeRoyJenkins

Probationary Member
Nov 11, 2023
Champlin, Minnesota
I've known about this car for almost 20 years, finally got my hands on it today, I figured you guys might appreciate this low mile Stock 1990 Talon TSI 5 Speed original owner was my uncle who passed in 1994. I'm curious how many survivors there are out there like this? 13,527 original miles
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
What types of maintenance would need to be done with this due to age? Belts? Fluids? Tires? Great score!

Timing and balance shaft belts/water pump along with external belts and hoses is all I would do to such a beautiful car.
SWEET RIDE ❤️
As has been mentioned, document everything on that, it's worth more than it was new I expect.

Very cool. You should take tons of photos and post them on your profile page so others can see how these came from the factory. Pure time machine! How does it drive?
It actually runs really well, I thought it was going to need a ton of stuff, but all the hoses seem to be just fine, It's had oil changes not totally sure on the drivetrain fluids, the older guy I got it from drove it around quite a bit this summer, he put new tires on it when he bought it

Timing and balance shaft belts/water pump along with external belts and hoses is all I would do to such a beautiful car.
SWEET RIDE ❤️
As has been mentioned, document everything on that, it's worth more than it was new I expect.
Thats all I plan on doing to it, all the hoses are surprisingly still good from what I can tell, they held up really well, i'm not sure on the timing belt/balance shaft belt, i'm going to peak at the timing belt before I drive it, the older guy I bought it from drove it quite a bit this summer already

Thats all I plan on doing to it, all the hoses are surprisingly still good from what I can tell, they held up really well, i'm not sure on the timing belt/balance shaft belt, i'm going to peak at the timing belt before I drive it, the older guy I bought it from drove it quite a bit this summer already
Age is the issue. If there is not documented maintenance it must be done and soon. It's 33 years old. I was afraid to drive my original 1997 in 2011 before I got the belt changed.
Time will tell what it needs. Every rubber piece is 33 years old. Seals etc. That car may also have never received some recalls. Sadly most if not all won't apply so you will be responsible.

I would reach under behind the rear wheel and give the fuel filler hose a squeeze. Mine made crackling sounds. You might want to pull the fuel pump and inspect the inside of the tank for rust or debris.

For comparison I believe there was a 1ga on bringatrailer not too long ago with 35k ish and it sold for around $30k, if memory serves. Yours might push 40 if you were to list, because of the absurdly low mileage.

Aging parts can get you. Our 99 Spyder has 85k on it. I pushed my luck and sure enough original alternator belt snapped. I knew better …timing belt scheduled for next week.

Age is the issue. If there is not documented maintenance it must be done and soon. It's 33 years old. I was afraid to drive my original 1997 in 2011 before I got the belt changed.
Time will tell what it needs. Every rubber piece is 33 years old. Seals etc. That car may also have never received some recalls. Sadly most if not all won't apply so you will be responsible.
Definitely going to go through it all, It sucks I probably wont be able to put original hoses back on

Old guy used to bring one to the Shootout with 10k on it, only drivers seat had been sat in.
That is sick!

I would reach under behind the rear wheel and give the fuel filler hose a squeeze. Mine made crackling sounds. You might want to pull the fuel pump and inspect the inside of the tank for rust or debris.

For comparison I believe there was a 1ga on bringatrailer not too long ago with 35k ish and it sold for around $30k, if memory serves. Yours might push 40 if you were to list, because of the absurdly low mileage.
I definitely will have to do that I didnt even think of that one

Aging parts can get you. Our 99 Spyder has 85k on it. I pushed my luck and sure enough original alternator belt snapped. I knew better …timing belt scheduled for next week.
I'm definitely nervous about the age of the belts haha

Yep that is super low. On a similar note my cousin up in North Dayton Ohio came across a red FWD TURBO laser with 15k on it for sale last weekend, so you got it beat by a few thousand miles. It's still for sale I guess, I dunno he ran into him.

Yep that is super low. On a similar note my cousin up in North Dayton Ohio came across a red FWD TURBO laser with 15k on it for sale last weekend, so you got it beat by a few thousand miles. It's still for sale I guess, I dunno he ran into him.
It's so cool to see these low miles cars still are out there

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back