The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

need to replace rear calipers.... any suggestions for replacements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon11

20+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2002
Reno, Nevada
Apparently the guy I bought the Talon from welded the connecteng bolt attaching the rear brake lines, which are now destroyed, to the calipers for some reason I don't yet understand....:rolleyes:

So... basically, I need to replace only the rear calipers. Anybody know of any aftermarket calipers that will bolt straight up and use the stock rotors? Or should I just go with finding a set of OEM calipers.... and if so, where could I find some that include the clips and brackets?

I'm not too knowledgeable on brakes and would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

TCE sells a replacement rear setup with a new caliper. We've discussed this in a another thread, and Todd@TCE actually said he wasn't all that happy with it, hehe. Search for that thread. He's considering putting together a kit that would use VR-4 two-pot calipers, but you'd have to source them for his kit, and then work with him on getting the kit made since it's in his head for now.

There aren't any other caliper replacements available unfortunately. Well, actually, if you've got vented rear rotors then I believe your caliper is the same as the 1-pot rear caliper on a non-turbo 3000GT... but I'm not sure if this is year specific.

Originally posted by Defiant
How's that Pick-and-Pull on 50 out by Mound House?

I've never seen a turbo DSM any newer than a '92 at a pick and pull unfortunately...

And I'm aware of that TCE kit for the rears..... But while we're on the subject, will the 2 piston calipers for the 2g awd turbos work as a direct replacement without any modification for the single piston ones on the fwd turbos?

Thanks alot for your help, guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back