The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

my exterior sneak preview

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerdrew

DSM Wiseman
Oct 5, 2007
Yokohama, Japan, Asia
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry I know I'm new here although not new to DSMs but I thought some might enjoy as I am getting close to finished. Need to get some new headlights real bad though.

for the front its a carbontrix hood vent carbontrix kidney vents on the side of the front bumper which you cant see here. Quick release latches on the bumper sides, a shortened CF RM front lip and aerocatch hood pins.

I started a thread on this site a while back regarding a quick release/latch for our bumpers, but so far haven't gotten to that stage in my project. How is your setup... set up?

Here's the link I'm referring to: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/258309-front-bumper-quick-release-removal.html

What I have so far is the usual aerospace fasteners for the front bumper and for the part between the headlights the plan will be welding some pins into the plate that hold the bumper in place. One will be left as stud/nut so basically it will be the two latches and then one nut to remove the retaining plate for between the headlights.

Andrew, I was under the impression that you couldn't modify the front bumper by blocking off those vents in your class?

Andrew, I was under the impression that you couldn't modify the front bumper by blocking off those vents in your class?

Hey Kyle,

For land speed, production did not allow it. I'm protesting the rules to allow a convertible in altered for '09 and running in time attack this year (hopefully) which doesnt have any requirements like that. It was a really obscure rule someone dug up when I was 10mph past their record and tried to change into their class. That forced me to run on the strangely higher production class record.

The bumper is also quick release so swapping a stock bumper on for LSR is a 30 second job.

Awesome. Best of luck and I'll see what I can do about getting you bumped up to full member status.

What I have so far is the usual aerospace fasteners for the front bumper and for the part between the headlights the plan will be welding some pins into the plate that hold the bumper in place. One will be left as stud/nut so basically it will be the two latches and then one nut to remove the retaining plate for between the headlights.

Do you have another picture of the side fender, better showing the quick release latches?

Awesome. Best of luck and I'll see what I can do about getting you bumped up to full member status.

Wow, that would be great! Thank you! Much appreciated!

Do you have another picture of the side fender, better showing the quick release latches?

I don't at the moment but I will get some with the pics I post later this week. The car is not quite ready yet and needs a few more parts....

Are you just using dzus fasteners or something else?

Are you just using dzus fasteners or something else?

Naw, I am using the latches like you see on fiberglass body cars. we always use them among our group of supra guys, they are good if you plan to run front downforce and they can hold 350lbs max each.

I have a pics of them on my friends supra:

On his car since the bumper is fiberglass he could just put it on the edge mine are not so close to the edge and supported by a backing plate to distribute the load. I was going to put canards on the bumper but the ones I got I realized were not nearly strong enough for 200mph and I dont think any of the publicly sold universal ones I found were strong enough.

I'd be surprised if anything made domestically (or in China) is capable of handling those speeds.

Oh and the Orido front is sex.

I'd be surprised if anything made domestically (or in China) is capable of handling those speeds.

Oh and the Orido front is sex.

I searched high and low, it looks like I have to cut slits in the bumper and use some 1/2 thick aluminum plate or something along those lines with major supports to the chassis. Those things can generate quite a bit of DF at high speed so they need major reinforcements. I couldn't get it in time for this body work so its been put off. The RM lip does help a little in downforce hopefully its still as effective shortened because the rake helped as well. I need to see what happens with the aero balance with the LSR wing and go from there...

some more pics of the front

Wow. That is absolutely amazing. And a very purpose-built car too. Beautiful car man, what is that color? I plan on having my 1g painted a very similar color.

Haha ouch, sorry to hear that. But a very nice color nonetheless. Pics of said Lotus?:D

Yah it was definately ouch, 7 broken ribs and the ribs went through a lung and a liver. I was messed up for a while :cry: good as new now though.

before:
.Mac Web Gallery

after:
.Mac Web Gallery

The elise was actually one silver lighter "Arctic Silver" lotus color. Theres one darker which is called graphite grey and I am going to paint my bike that color hehe

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back