The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink My car wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrappys93talon

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 12, 2012
savannah, Georgia
Ok so my profile needs updated badly. The vehicle first:
97 Talon TSi fwd
6-bolt swapped built.
FIC 1650s low impedance
JMF street intake
GT35R
T3
AEM wideband
AEM boost
DSMLink v3 full speed density

I'm trying to get the car started and it wont fire.
Timing is verified, compression checks perfect.
I have fuel and fire. I have tried adjusting the global and latencys and still nothing.
Can someone take a look at my log and tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• log.2024.04.10-31.elg
    9.3 KB · Views: 9
Just because I'm that guy, you do understand he just gave you a firing order that is not stock for a 97. It's required to run DSMLink in a 2gb

Two different MAP sensors? Did it work this way before?
I don't see KeyStart turned on why you're cranking and the battery voltage falls to 9.6V. Does it need a good charge?
Not getting KeyStart usually implies a wiring issue.
Is this a 2.1L engine? Why have you changed your Direct Access Load Scaling to 114.8%?

Two different MAP sensors? Did it work this way before?
I don't see KeyStart turned on why you're cranking and the battery voltage falls to 9.6V. Does it need a good charge?
Not getting KeyStart usually implies a wiring issue.
Is this a 2.1L engine? Why have you changed your Direct Access Load Scaling to 114.8%?
Was trying to see if slightly upping the displacement would affect the way it was starting, it still does the same thing.
My mdp sensor is pinned to log boost
The baro on the maf pigtail is for the map.
I was wondering if this would cause a data issue actually.
As for the no keystart it's because there's an issue between the ignition switch and the starter, I ran a relay and high current push button as I really don't feel like pulling the harness

I can say that without "keystart", my car had one hell of a time starting. I mean literally 20 attempts before she would fire up. Now, turn the key and start. You need to fix keystart.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back