The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

MegaSquirt, Bought used and serverally confused..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VelocitàPaola;152386940 said:
You'll have to describe your TPS problem in more detail.

The LED's are supposed to blink. The two outer LED's correspond to ignition events in either cylinder. The center LED can be programmed to indicated whatever you want.

Okay, well its fine then.

TPS Problem, When its idling I go to give it WOT and it lags a ton, like atleast 1 sec after I push the pedal it rev's. How do I change it on Tunerstudio?

TPS Problem, When its idling I go to give it WOT and it lags a ton, like atleast 1 sec after I push the pedal it rev's. How do I change it on Tunerstudio?

Oh, I thought you meant just the gauge was lagging. The whole engine "lagging" like that is a tuning issue. It's not something anyone can walk you through... you'll have to familiarize yourself with the MS1/extra tuning manual:

MS-Extra Manual Index

VelocitàPaola;152387271 said:
Oh, I thought you meant just the gauge was lagging. The whole engine "lagging" like that is a tuning issue. It's not something anyone can walk you through... you'll have to familiarize yourself with the MS1/extra tuning manual:

MS-Extra Manual Index

Alrighty. If I put my logs on here, could you help me out? I'm running into a lean situation.

Alrighty. If I put my logs on here, could you help me out? I'm running into a lean situation.

Firstly the exhaust leak will cause AFRs to be way off since the leak is before the turbo. Exhaust gas is not reaching the WBO2, so it'll think it's lean. You really need to get that fixed before trying to tune anything.

As far as the TPS (if not related to the leak) as I stated via text, I'm pretty sure it's the in the Acceleration Wizard page 4 in MS. For TunerStudio, I don't know where it's at, but should be something called TPSdot Threshold. It took me awhile to find the right settings for my car, and car only assume that it's different for everyone.

This is what the screen looks like in MS for reference
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Get that leak taken care of first though.

Alright, I got the gasket installed. The car ran really good for a while (it was cold outside) then it warmed up and now it won't run any more. The pump wont even prime. I think it has to do with the engine map being at 90-100 kpa. It'll run when the kpa is much lower. I'm a horrible tuner so if anyone can help me, please do so!
Thanks
-Miguel

Alright, I got the gasket installed. The car ran really good for a while (it was cold outside) then it warmed up and now it won't run any more. The pump wont even prime. I think it has to do with the engine map being at 90-100 kpa. It'll run when the kpa is much lower. I'm a horrible tuner so if anyone can help me, please do so!
Thanks
-Miguel

Any help at this point would be useful.

Please don't bump your threads.

It's really difficult to help tune a car across the internet, especially without an MSQ file to reference.

Your best bet is to either take the car to a professional with experience with MegaSquirt systems, or carefully read the MS2/extra tuning manual:

MS2/Extra Tuning guide

VelocitàPaola;152480236 said:
Please don't bump your threads.

It's really difficult to help tune a car across the internet, especially without an MSQ file to reference.

Your best bet is to either take the car to a professional with experience with MegaSquirt systems, or carefully read the MS2/extra tuning manual:

MS2/Extra Tuning guide

I am sorry, but no one was responding. Here is the link for the MSQ MSQ File Repository - SymTech Laboratories I used Boost junkies MSQ, It ran perfect until it got warm outside (I changed req fuel to 12.8 when I first installed the MSQ, it ran and started fine). When the engine Map gets above 80kpa the pump doesn't even prime and the car won't even try to start. I'm not sure If I installed it wrong or? I'm just really confused.

I am sorry, but no one was responding. Here is the link for the MSQ MSQ File Repository - SymTech Laboratories I used Boost junkies MSQ, It ran perfect until it got warm outside (I changed req fuel to 12.8 when I first installed the MSQ, it ran and started fine). When the engine Map gets above 80kpa the pump doesn't even prime and the car won't even try to start. I'm not sure If I installed it wrong or? I'm just really confused.

I still need help on this.

VelocitàPaola;152507183 said:
The no bumping rule still applies... I'll have to give you an infraction next time.

Your best bet is to post on the msextra.com forums.

Yeah, maybe they can help, thanks for the feedback everyone. Please don't close this thread because I'm going to use it for reference in future threads.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back