The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

MAFT and PLX wideband W/ DSM link question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFRacingGST

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2004
Warren, Rhode_Island
I have read all of the other articles and the instructions that have came with the two. It is already installed, i just want to see if what i did was correct.

All of this was for a 97 GSX

For the MAFT all i did was mount it on the firewall, and connected the plug to the stock connecter lining up the red and pink, and then i zero'd out the maft and set my injectors to the stock location.
PS. i didn't hook up any wires from the maft to the ecu (am i suppose to?)

For the PLX wideband i installed the grey wire (wideband singal) to pin 75 (cut the wire completely and then hardwired it into the harness leaving the rear 02 signal no power) I atached the power to the ecu power and i attached the ground to the bolt that bolts down the ecu (is this a legit ground even though it is what holds the ecu?) I didn't use the capacitor because the guy from plx said i didn't have to...

Please let me know if all of my steps were correct and if there is anything i forgot to do. I am planning to start the car this weeekend and im hoping for little errors....
Thanks alot for your help.

Maft needs to be set for 450s so if you did that, you are set. There are no other required connections besides the main connector so you did it right.

As far as the wideband goes, i have the plx m300 and sounds like you hooked it up right. I used the cigarette lighter power wire as a source and i forget where i grounded it (my buddy was also doing some of it so he probably did it). I have had it in the car since last summer and all is well.

I think my buddy hooked up the noise filter thingies but they are not required.

You should be good to go.

thanks for the verification!!! I just wanted to know if i hooked something up wrong so it would make the start up easier..

That is exactly how I hooked up my setup. GM MAFT+ PLX SM-AFR and dsmlink.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back