The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I've been busy with the evil_eagle this off season, preview for 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_eagle

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Haven't been around much since I've been getting ready for the 2008 season. We will be hitting up BOTI (battle of the imports) extremly hard this season with 10 events on schedule.

The car has gone through ALLOT of changes, lost about 300lbs out of the car along with some new parts and what not. Our goal for the 2008 season is to be consistent 8sec passes and to win more events then we did this past season.

Most of you have followed the thread on DSMtalk about the project log, so I thought I would share it over here as well. This is the thread I speak of Thought I would throw up a project log of the evil~eagle. - DSMtalk Forums

This was the start of the 2008 project, shown here is the front half of the cage being redone for more clearance and head room, before the dash bars were in front of the dash and now the dash bars go through the dash. During this process I tore every single wire out of the car, everything under the dash ect ect.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Then I finally finished up the interior minus the gauges that I am still waiting on from Auto meter

More pictures to come very very soon! Motor build is up next!:sneaky:

Are you still planning on roaming the streets with it? I wanna see highway footage

Jake, did you make the dash yourself? I am really wanting to find a good fiberglass dash solution - something that's a little lower profile than the stock dash. And what carpet are you using? That doesn't look like factory 1G carpet.

That dash looks really nice, good work!

Are you still driving it on the streets like last year?

Jake, did you make the dash yourself? I am really wanting to find a good fiberglass dash solution - something that's a little lower profile than the stock dash. And what carpet are you using? That doesn't look like factory 1G carpet.

The dash is a Prostock cobalt fiberglass dash. I got it from Jerry Bickle race cars Welcome To Jerry Bickel Race Cars
The dash was an absolute pain in the ass to fit in the car, we had to cut it in 3 spots, shorten it, then reglass it back together, then trim and fit, trim and fit, trim and fit. That dash has about 25hours put into it. It paid off in the end, but I would never do it again LOL.

As far as the carpet, I found a fabric store here that had this carpet, it is very thin, but it was exactly what I was looking for, 20 foot roll of this stuff weighed in at 1.8 lbs:thumb: So it's lite as hell and looks extremely clean.

That dash looks really nice, good work!

Are you still driving it on the streets like last year?

I will still drive it on the street, but not nearly as much as I have been, it's to the point now it's not a very street friendly car, with 1600cc's and such, it's a pain in the ass for drive ability. I will still drive it now and then on the street, but I really shouldn't be since it now has a lexan front windshield in it along with aluminum rods that I have been running since this past 2007 season. Pics of the rods I speak of.

And this is how the bearings came out from the entire 2007 season, this is ruffly 45-50 low 9sec passes at 155mph-159mph with 38-45lbs of boost and a 100shot of nitrous. Aluminum is good!!:sneaky:

I know working with glass is a PITA, but you had some serious income potential there.
If you would have made female molds out of the fiinished but not painted dash you could have replicated the dashes ready to paint and made some serious $$$.
Either way, bitchin car man, I've seen it in person at Sac Raceway, and best of luck to you in the 08 season... :thumb: :thumb:

Looks like your trailing behind Mr. Shepard....that car is a friggin beast!OMG

looks awesome jake. did u use the painless 12-circuit chassis harness? if so did you just follow the oem ignition wiring diagram? on their site the directions just show wiring for a distributor ignition i believe. either way the cars looking great and you did an awesome job fitting the cobalt dash in there...any weight numbers on that dash?

Are you going to be comming to sacramento raceway again? Or did you hated it that much not to visit our home town again haha
I want to see you again beat more supras ass

Are you going to be comming to sacramento raceway again? Or did you hated it that much not to visit our home town again haha
I want to see you again beat more supras ass

Yes we will be at Sac again this year for BOTI.

looks awesome jake. did u use the painless 12-circuit chassis harness? if so did you just follow the oem ignition wiring diagram? on their site the directions just show wiring for a distributor ignition i believe. either way the cars looking great and you did an awesome job fitting the cobalt dash in there...any weight numbers on that dash?

This is the painless switch panel that I got. Painless Wiring 50303 - Painless Performance Switch Panels - summitracing.com

Whats with the shifter. Your not going auto are you?

Nevermind Im blind and was looking at you handbrake.
We are looking forward to seeing you in vegas and sacramento this year.
Keep up the good work

Whats with the shifter. Your not going auto are you?

Nevermind Im blind and was looking at you handbrake.
We are looking forward to seeing you in vegas and sacramento this year.
Keep up the good work

We are definitely looking forward to those events, Vegas being our favorite track since I ran my fastest time over there and best 60ft.:thumb:

Thanks for the kind words guys, block is at the machine shop as we speak getting bored and honed, should be another 1-2 weeks and the car will be up and running.:sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back