The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Greddy E mang system

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastRthenU

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2002
Ontario_Canada
Well after looking around at stand alone's, and piggy back systems. I find myself looking at the Greddy system. I dont know why really. It looks like a pretty good unit for the price. Atleast a 1000 dollars cheaper cnd, then most stand alones. Its cheaper then the VPC, but is more expensive then the S-AFC. But it can do much more then the S-AFC, and more then the vpc. Thats if you get everything for the Greddy unit. Which is a fair bit. All the harness's, new map sensor, unit it self, software, blah blah.

Now I know the Aem Ems is better. But i guess my question is how much better. An extra 1000 dollars better? You can do fuel/timming maps, data logging, change to map, ect with the Greddy system. Now you can do that also with the AEM. But the Aem one is much more expensive as well. I know it has more features as well. So what it boils down to is the Greddy unit a good system for the money. Im not asking which is better. I already know which one is. But is it worth buying ?

Half of the ppl that have stand alones, dont even use most of the funtions. Im not one of the top racer's out there right know, so i dont need the best. I want somthing where i can control my fuel ignition, and some other things as well. The Greddy unit seems to be able to do this of me. But i havent heard many ppl using this system yet. Give me some feed back please. thanks:dsm:

have you looked at autronic? smc is ~$1000, sm2 is ~$2000, a lot cheaper if you get it from one of australian dealers. it has all the features you'll need and lot's of you might never need. sm2 has traction control, flat shifting, 4 boost maps, 2 you can chnage with a switch, 4 can be used with different gears (10psi in 1st, 12psi in 2nd, 30psi in 4th and such)

installation is pretty simple, you'll be able to use all stock sensors. tuning is easy too, especially if you have access to a dyno and wideband that can output 0-1V you can use autotune which works pretty well.

thats cool and all. But i would like more talk about the system in question. If anybody has any info, or has used the system and has advice, or some insight into it. Are the funtions, that can be used with it going to surfice for good tuning. thanks :thumb:

umm, no, it's a standalone, you get a wiring harness and you have to install it yourself or pay somebody to do it but it's easy if you know what you're doing and you have service manul with diagrams handy.

as for emanage. maybe nobody can answer it because it's a fancy SAFC that's tuned using laptop? skip it and save your money for AEM EMS since it plugs right in. sounds like you shouldn't get any other standalone it might be too complicated

I have had the emanage for awhile now. I have not done alot with it yet. It is easy to use. The main reason I wanted the e manage is because it has it's own injector drivers. You are not just changing inputs to the ECU with the e manage you can change the outputs to the injectors. Also you can run 2 more injetors with the e manage. 4 more if you want to run high impedance injectors. IMO it is the best system for the money for a 1st gen.

First off, please stop "Pluggin" the Autronic . This is not what this tread was meant for. :mad:

Craig. Do you have all the harness's, map sensor, software, etc?

what does your system consist of? I dont believe its a glorified AFC at all. Its has way more funtions then the s-afc does. It has alot of the funtions that stand alone's have and half the price. You probley dont need half of the funtions a stand alone has anyway.

FROM THE GREDDY WEBSITE ON THE E MANAGER

e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system, without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit, which taps into most factory ECU wiring and it still utilizes the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle(± 20% at 5 preset RPM points), by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. For VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point.
Additional features that are built into the system, but are only accessible though the use of our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information) are a 16x16 Airflow Adjustmemt Map, Larger Main Injector correction adjustment, Upgrade Air Flow Meter adjustment, Boost Limiter Cut, Anti-engine Stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, Real-time Map Trace, Real-time Display, Real-time Communication, and basic Data-logging.

With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 Injector duty cycle Map and the Controls for adding up to 2 Addional Sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harrness" and the software is used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 Ignition Timing Map. All of the above Maps can also be Map-traced in Real-time as well. If the factory range of Map or Airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorperate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressue Harness" to set larger scales of ajustment.

I have the injector harness and all of the software. I'm going to install a 2G mass so I'm not sure if I will need the Map sensor yet. I will have 2 more injectors installed soon so I will be able to let you know how that works out. I will probally add the timing harness also. We have a few guys that have the e manage in our local club. So we share the cables and software.

sorry. i'm not pluggin for autronic because i have no business in doing so, but from using different tuning tools just stating my opinion.

I'd like to revive this thread to see if there are any more opinions about the Greddy E-manage. I'm still deciding whether to go with that or something else as well. A local shop here likes it and has offered to use their laptop and software to help tune it if I get it.

And is there a way to move this thread to the 2.0 Turbo forum so it can get more visibility?

I dont think this thread has to be moved. As long as we going indepth with it. I was the original one to start this thread a while back. I was very curious about this product. At first i didnt think all to much about it. But the more i read up on this product the more it seemed to make sense.

Its almost like having the DSMLINK. This is what i would have to compair it to. YOU can do fuel maping, ignition maping, data logging, and you can base both off of boost with the map sensor, plus more. I would like more ppl with experience with this product to tell us more also. please do share

I also read that if you get the new Profec E-01, you can use that to interface with the E-manage and don't need the laptop. I'd like to know more about that. I found some info at mkiv.com but am still in the dark about much of the E-manage's capabilities, either with or without the E-01.

I worked on a Prelude at my shop. He was using the Greddy turbo kit, with the emanage and the e-01 display. IMO, very cool to have the display. It even had a wireless remote control.

sorry to bring this post back from the dead but i too am interested in finding out what people feel about this new emanage and/or prefec e 01 combination. Thanks for any input guys

I agree-- how well the two work together is what I'm still looking for as well. I would like to hear about how functional the combo is and how much you can do with the E-01 that you don't need the laptop for.

The emanage cannot covert the DSM MAF based system to speed sensity with the MAP sensor. It isn't like the VPC in that respect where you take out the MAF sensor from the intake pipe. It does work like an AFC in respect that the airflow signal (from the maf) is adustable. If you get the injector harness, the emanage can adjust the injector signal directly increasing the pulsewidth without altering the MAF airflow signal

The map sensor and harness allow you to base your fuel/timing tuning maps on "MAP vs RPM" instead of "MAF airflow vs RPM". It does not replace the maf, it only changes the variable that tuning is based on.

being ale to change ign timing vs rpm could be a very good asset. This sets the manage apart from afc, also being able to directly add pulsewidth without altering the airflow signal is great. Whenever you fool the stock ecu to +,- fuel via airflow signal, your also changing the timing maps. This can lead to situations with big injectors where you are either pig rich and good timing, but you lean it out to get AF ratio where it should be, and whalla..ecu trying to put in 30* of timig and you cannot get knock under control.

the datalogging is ok, it only can log the inputs/outputs of the emanage so you have no logs of knock and such.

So without the injector harness, this IS pretty much an S-AFC, with a few more options when hooked up to a laptop?

yeah basicly. It can automaticly "scale" the airflow signal to conpensate for bigger injectors...like you say had 450's...now have 550....it automaticly calculates the % differance and changes the airflow map to compensate.

the ignition and injector harnesses are key to using the emanage to change fuel/timing independant of each other...that's the true benifit of the emanage over the afc.

If the E manage harness replaces the stock harness, does the ECU throw an injector code then? This sounds like a pretty cool system, w/o the harness and extra goodies it's around the same cost as the S-AFC even. I hate to bug you so much about this, but about how much is it for the injector harness would you guess?

Okay, that makes sense.

So the benefit of this is mostly when increasing the load of the injectors, rather than decreasing them? That's good, but wouldn't most often we be leaning it out though, especially w/bigger injectors? Either way, this system is catching my interest A LOT.

not really...you can't block the stock ecu signal to open the injector, you can only hold it open longer. what you can do...is lean the airflow signal out alot.....so no fuel cut

then take out timing where your getting knock..(from very low airflow signal)

and use the injector pulse adding feature to tune the fuel curve.

this allows you to change fuel curve without chaning ignition curve at the same time....that's the point here.

when you tune the fuel curve with AFC, you are changing the ign timing at the same time. not good.

you can get into a situation with big injectors....
lean it out enough to get correct AF ratio...and you are getting 40* timing and uncontrolable knock

but richen it up enough so ecu isn't jacking in crazy timing and knocking.....now your 10:1 AF rich.

atleast in my personal experience...on my car...there was no way to tune out that situation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back