The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Godspeed FMIC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They are on the same level as the rest of the cheap eBay intercoolers. As far as installation, it depends on which kit and parts you have.

Sure go for it, but you have to take your fogs out and the couplers/clamps it come with are going to be garbage and the welds will look like a 4 yr olds.

ORRRRR you could spend maybe 100$ more on a quality core and piping, keep your fogs, have great couplers/clamps that behave during assembly AND piece of mind.

FYI, maybe honda kids wont notice but when you put shit parts on your car it makes you look bad.

PUNISHMENT RACING FMIC KIT: 1995-99 ECLIPSE/TALON ****ON SALE**** - Punishment Racing

Same kit I run minus a better coupler for the elbow to upper IC piping.

The Punishment kit is also an ebay kit, CX Racing.

I dont see any 29x11x3 CX racing cores.

Even so, the perks of the Punishment kit is the piping not interfering w/ your fog lights.

IMO if youre removing your fogs for a fmic your cars gonna look like shit. I really hate seeing the piping in the gaping holes... looks like trash. I wouldnt run that, even if someone gave it to me for free.

I dont see any 29x11x3 CX racing cores.

Even so, the perks of the Punishment kit is the piping not interfering w/ your fog lights.

IMO if youre removing your fogs for a fmic your cars gonna look like shit. I really hate seeing the piping in the gaping holes... looks like trash. I wouldnt run that, even if someone gave it to me for free.

Everything is the same when it comes to the punishment and cx kits besides the fact that cx sels the piping powder coated black if you want that. I know this because I've installed them both

Or you could go with an ETS Street kit and have an intercooler that is far more efficient, lets you keep your fogs, and requires no cutting of the factory crash bar. You can get it up to 4" thick at that. You have to pay to play.

$367 for a PR? Damn, wish i got that deal when i bought mine. JUmp on it. PR kit for sure. Keep your fogs, you dont have to dremel shit out like other kits and everything just fits right.

Or if you have a ton of money get an ETS. Thats prob the best you can buy but expect to pay over $800

FWIW, i too think seeing the piping behind the fogs looks a bit rough.

i put a god speed intercooler on my sons car after his apexi one got damaged and its like an apexi intercooler but cheaper made . the fog lights didn't have to come out and like any other intercooler some cutting is requierd .

I bought one the piping looked very good and I didn't have to delete the fogs looks good I would say for the money it's a good street kit....

i put a god speed intercooler on my sons car after his apexi one got damaged and its like an apexi intercooler but cheaper made . the fog lights didn't have to come out and like any other intercooler some cutting is requierd .

The punishment kit requires no cutting at all besides trimming the front bumper.

OP you will be happy with the punishment kit. If you have any questions about install feel free to PM me

I just remembered: I was actually interested in the vrsf kit at first but they were 2 months backordered???? Needless to say i bought the PR and in hindsight, im glad i did. Similar thread going now and i think it mentioned about vrsf having more backorder issues. Wonder if thats common over there. Anyone else ever try and place an order and have a huge wait time?

I do not have personal experience with them so take my post as you will. I have researched the Ebay FMICs day and night for quite awhile now. The godspeed intercooler has much lower fin density than a more expensive piece would. They generally make up for their inefficiency by sheer size. It's no secret that it would be better than a stock side mount based solely on size, but that's not exactly saying much.
All I know is that there are plenty of people that say they are happy with them, but nobody ever seems to offer up actual intake temp logs. The biggest buyers of them are the Honda guys, and the LS Chevy guys that only need to push 9PSI to break 600HP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back