The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Godspeed FMIC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I believe that the VRSF is the best kit for the money. It's what I will be buying for myself in a couple months.

i wanted the vrsf kit to begin with, but 2 months back ordered. i went with punishment. i was disappointed at first but when it showed up, and was installed. i couldnt have been happy. i did not have to get rid of my fog lights either. i just trimmed a little bit of the bumper because the original owner hacked it a little bit and i wanted it to be a little cleaner. punishment also comes with a 1 year warranty against any defects. not a bad deal

i have the PR kit brought it on sale for the same price :hellyeah: the kit is awesome good quality i'm happy with it i must say.made my GST look so much better too it's a short route kit the main reason i pick PR i wanted to keep the fog lights :thumb:

Attachments

• IMAG0798-1.jpg
    IMAG0798-1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0780.jpg
    IMAG0780.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 83
The "Punishment vs VRSF" debate is old as the kits themselves. Truth is, there is no hard evidence proving one is significantly better than the other. They're both cheap, flow around 1,000CFM, and use "short route" piping. But there's no proof that one cools better than the other. And if your trying to run a 16g at 30psi with pump gas alone, I can promise that neither kit will be able to keep up.

As for the Godspeed kit, it looks like a cheap knock-off of the Punishment kit. I know someone will say "but Punishment is a cheap knock-off", but it's not. Punishment worked with CX Racing to develop their core, they didn't just buy them off eBay and hike up the price. Until recently CX Racing's kit included universal piping and cost much more. So if you like the Godpseed kit but you're worried about quality, get the Punishment kit instead.

Wes, A 16g without tweaking, would need at least what for FMIC?

It depends on how hard your going to run it, and what fuel your going to use.

With the Punishment kit, I got to about 20psi with 91 octane on my Small 16g before knock became a serious problem. With E85, I could have ran without an intercooler at all.

Super trooper: Sounds like youre looking for a 20g or a Green.

If you really want the best IC out there get an ETS. But i think youre still going to struggle to get a 16g to 30psi without meth. Just get a decent IC, and go with a slightly larger turbo. A small compromise but you'll have more power on tap with just a tiny bit more lag.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back