The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It really depends on what your goal is for the car. You really need to get a more accurate reading of whats already on the car. If I were you I would get water temp, boost, and wideband. Oil pressure is also good as well. If the car is stock and your not planning on modding much than I would pass on the oil pressure gauge. The boost gauge would help you know what your running and see if it spikes. The water temp would help you know a accurate reading. The stock gauges only show high and lows. And the stock gauges run off the ecu. Adding gauges can get more accurate reading without having other factors to go bad like the ecu or different volts.

The wideband gauge is really nice to have. The stock o2 reads 0-1v where the widebands read 0-5v. When you have issues with your car the wideband can tell you whats going on. Maybe to much fuel or air.

Boost, Wideband, Oil Pressure are the top 3.

Boost is the most important before doing any upgrading or modifications, our stock gauge is not a real or accurate representation at all.
Wideband o2 is vital to tuning and necessary once other mods are done and you are going to tune.
Oil pressure is for monitoring, noticing drops in pressure can save your motor before major damage is done.

I'll jump on the boost, wb and oil pressure wagon. Those are the most vital areas to watch, mostly oil pressure if u plan on beating it up a bit.

As for the water temp, yes it's a good idea but as long as your stock ect sensor is working, that's enough of a notification as long as you keep an eye on it. The stock temp gauge doesn't run through the ecu, it has a dedicated sensor for the gauge and ecu.

Yup Boost (get a 30hg/30psi gauge to start leaves room to grow. Opposed to a 30hg/20psi or less), Wideband (brand is gonna depend on what tuning software you plan on using) and Oil Pressure (make sure this one is a electric reading opposed to mechanical)

For a wideband, I would not cheap out. I run the AEM wideband and AEM truboost. The boost, oil pressure, and water temp its more of personal preference. You have to make sure the sensor you use is compatible with your gauge. If you go with Glowshift get there gauge and sensor. There are other brands out there for many budgets. But I stress dont cheap out on a wideband. Every now and then you will find gauges in the classifieds on here if you want a set of used ones. If not Glowshift has a bundle you pick 3 gauges and get the pillar with it. Many people dont like Glowshift but like I said its personal preference. I do like the Autometer gauges.

Do you recommend any brands not too expensive but that work good?

I use an Innovate MTX-L wide band, and could not be more happy with it. As for other gauges, I went Glowshift. Affordable and accurate. The Glowshift gauges replaced my Autometer gauges, and readings are the same across both sets with the only difference thus far being the price tag.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back