The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Further refining rear lower control arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underradar92

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Here is the start of my new project. I'll be updating as they progress, slowly I suspect but I was bored so I figured I'd do the ball joint mod to the rear also. If all it truly does is make for a stronger balljoint, I'm cool with that.

Here's pics:

Attachments

• blackcar pix 179.jpg
    blackcar pix 179.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 341
  • blackcar pix 180.jpg
    blackcar pix 180.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 339
Nice work,is that a stock control arm? What are you planning for a bushing?My rear lower control arm has been working fine. Do you have any ideas on tuning the rear suspension, bump steer and roll steer?My latest modd is installing 1996 Corvette rear calipers and 12" Corvette rotors.It looks like they will fit.The corvette caliper has an e.brake attachment.I will keep you posted.
Rick

It was a stock arm, yes. I'm probably going with a urethane inner bushing or maybe delrin.

Roll center doesn't seem to be a big deal on 1g rear geometry due, I'd guess, to the longish LCA's. I'm using the shortest Howe balljoint, which is still .311" longer than stock so it certainly won't make roll center any worse.

Bumpsteer looks to be a function of the vertical placement of the forward trail arm pivot. I don't see that as enough of a problem to mess with. Yet. I have an extra subframe though... ;)

I'm not on the rear brake thing at all since the "Krylon over rust paint job" hasn't even peeled off my stock calipers.

It's been a while but here is the latest (slow) progress.

Attachments

• blackcar pix 001.jpg
    blackcar pix 001.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 256
  • blackcar pix 002.jpg
    blackcar pix 002.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 253
Nice work,is that a stock control arm? What are you planning for a bushing?My rear lower control arm has been working fine. Do you have any ideas on tuning the rear suspension, bump steer and roll steer?My latest modd is installing 1996 Corvette rear calipers and 12" Corvette rotors.It looks like they will fit.The corvette caliper has an e.brake attachment.I will keep you posted.
Rick

Cheers man i would like to know if the e brake works with those Corvette rear calipers i've been trying to upgrade mines for a while

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back