The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved Evo siphon vs DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt-s

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2008
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
So what actually makes the Evo fuel siphon better than the DSM one, if you opened it up to 1/8"?

Debating on replacing my current 2g siphon with an Evo, even though I logged out the hole incrementally over time, watching the tank level and siphoning capability, until I reached 1/8". Ended up still uncomfortable with running much under a half tank as the driver side was always way more full.

Before I go and she'll 50-60 bucks on it, looking for some reasons why it's just.. better than a modded dsm one.

I think simply that it's available new. I drilled my oem DSM one 1/8 and it always worked great, even with a Walbro 450.

I wasn't certain if the whole inner volume was different and made it more efficient for larger pumps or not. I'm a little baffled why my 1/8" hole wasn't as effective as others' and I'm only running a walbro 350.. 6an feed, stock return.

I will have to investigate further, maybe I have a blockage in the hose connecting the sides or something. Oring is in good condition, siphon was tight.. weird.

Best reason I used an evo 8 siphon is because I upgraded the feed and return lines to ptfe.

In doing so I have a bulkhead on sending unit for the feed and return. The evo siphon works much better with a hose over it and worm clamp than the dsm one that has a hardline in it and an o ring.

IIRC it was only like $25-$30

-Daniel

The siphon is about $30 and shipping/taxes does the rest. Plus, add 40% for exchange rate.
It's not a huge amount, but just pointless if a drilled dsm siphon with hardline equals an evo one. Was looking for some consistent "I had mine drilled for 1/8 and it didn't help but the evo fixed my issue" anecdotes, if they exist, but it seems to be all over the place.
I wonder if it's more of the line between the two saddles has lost its ability to hold vacuum. Maybe I need to replace the clamps.

I'll report back when it warms up to the point I can tear into it.

Unless your getting rid of the stock return hardlines I don't see a point. I went with the evo siphone because I went with AN fittings on my sending unit.

As said above, it goes directly to a hose instead of oringed to hardline. I drilled my evo siphone to 1/8 as well, but it was very close to that size already.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah still on the hard line return. I'll have the check the entire system health, there must be something else at play if 15/64 nor 1/8 did the trick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back