The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

EgoThief

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uhh, what does this mean:
"The threads were not the same as oem so I had to tap them out."

The holes in the pan were not the same location? or you tapped new threads in the ???
The only threads in a pan would be for the turbo drain.
The threads for the oil drain were not oem 6x100 thread. They were like a standard size. I don't have any standard bolts around me, just loads of metric.

I just ordered it from rockauto.
SPECTRA PREMIUMCRP14B

I didn't notice until it was time to hook the drain up. The oem bolts wouldn't go in. I ordered for a 6 bolt. It looked like a silver cylinder with threads was welded in there. Something similar if someone would have repaired the threads. I was not about to remove the pan and go through the return process. It's not leaking and works fine.

There has to be a huge reason for all this bs. My turbo drain is leaking by the oil pan so I was going to remove the new oil and put a new gasket on the drain. The muthrfucn drain bolt on the oil pan is fucn welded on this pos.

I have to do a fucn return to rock pos auto and they say need the original manufactor box. I don't have that shyt. I'm just going to send it back in a box. If they domt take it back, I'll email the manufacturer and never do business again with either company.

I just removed whatever oil I could thru the turbo drain, making a mess all over the floor. I took off the pan and will clean the surfaces tomorrow. I have in the return authorization to send me a replacement which they said they would as soon as they see the tracking info gone thru. Again, if they don't honor this shyt, I'll get a replacement from rixx or somewhere else.

I just picked up the jb weld to fix that tiny leak and now I had to remove what I just applied. So much material is being waisted and I'm fucn annoyed. Imagine fighting an oil leak or leaks for 3 years. Could you do it? Would you do it? What's your drive? Mine is feeling 18lbs on a 16g 4 years ago and I've yet to fulfill or felt since. I must be in pain
20240424_154051.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back