The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink DSMLink AFR Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny boy 93

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
Hey guys, Well I just got my DSM Link Installed and I am doing some logs and I just finished this one. Right now I am not too concerned about WOT. I am planning to drive my car home this weekend which is about a 2 hour drive. The only thing that concerns me is my wideband is ready about 2 points higher than my front o2 sensor. At idle the Wideband Reads about 14.7 and driving it is in that neighborhood too. Here is a log of my dsmlink. Any advice how to drop my air fuel ratio at idle and part throttle? Any advice on the tune is nice too! Thanks guys. The sooner the better the response!
John

Attachments

• Idle 2.dat
    105.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Part throttle 2.dat
    482.3 KB · Views: 98
Why would you want your AFRs richer then 14.7:1 for idle and part throttle? You're just wasting gas at that point. When your car is in closed loop, it will do everything it can to keep your AFR's at 14.7:1, which is normal. Its the open loop stuff you have to worry about tuning to your desired AFR, from that point close loop stops to WOT and red line.

At idle and part throttle, known as closed loop, the air/fuel ratio should be around 14.7:1. At full throttle, known as open loop, is when you tune the air/fuel ratio.

The air/fuel estimate is not too accurate in dsmlink so you should not pay attention to it. Hook up your wideband so it can be logged.

Adjust your tps so it reads .63 volts.

You should try to do something to get your coolant and intake temps down.

^ link doesnt work unless registered, and cannot register bc of administrator..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back