The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Does anyone know what these symptoms are??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re4peR26

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2008
Ravenna, Ohio
Well to start i have a 92 tsi awd. with a 16g turbo, 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch exhasut. stock fuel pushing 13-15lbs of boost. Well here is one question i have out of many LOL. When driving down the road the car will begin to like miss or somthing real fast. and then goes away.. does it periodclly only somtimes though.

I'm thinking it has to do with the BOV being vented to the atmosphere, Which im going to change soon once i locate some tubing that is big but flexible.

Last question for now LOL, When i start laying in to it up in the rpms it will kinda detonate or somthing Im guessing its fuel cut for when it spikes. But i could be wrong.

Could somone please fill me in.. BTW i did clutch m/c today shifting is way better!

Well, I appriciate all of the help you guys have givin me on this problem and not telling me to use the search icon LOL, This problem was werid.. I was bored cleaning my engine bay I cleaned the power streering resivoir opened it BONE DRY! so i went to autozone and got lucas power steering leak fix, Seafoam, and PB blaster (for when i do the fuel pump) The power steering fixed the high rpm miss or what not, the sea foam just worked wonders!!!!! I would highly recommend this to anyone with a higer milage vehicle, Im going to run 1 more can Half in the vaccume line half in the tank, Change my oil and get new plugs again and it will be 100%

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back