1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Differences between 90 and 91 cars

Posted by Mitsu-MattGSX, Nov 4, 2017

Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Mitsu-MattGSX

Mitsu-MattGSX Probationary Member

Joined Oct 30, 2017
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the exact differences between 90 and 91 cars. My friend keeps telling me to get a 91 because they're apparently better than 90 cars. Another friend of mine says he doesn't touch 90 cars because of "all the little differences" I drive a 90 GSX for clarity

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Transmission, oil cooler setup, 3 bolt vs 4 bolt axles, spline counts on certain shafts, wire harness on the cas vs a plug on the newer 4g63, completely different throttle body and isc and tps sensor, different ecu pinout. Thats about it, neither are "better" just different.

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Drag Race Build

GT42   manual
  3. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Auburn Hills, Michigan
    My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Autocross Build

T25   manual