The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

bad fuel pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowens1414

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Ok, so recently ive been running lean in boost and bucking, when car is warm. its not fuel cut though. also lately within a few months the car takes 5 to 10 seconds to turn over. i feel like its unrelated but about a week ago i got an exhaust for my car off ebay but the guy sent the wrong one so i had to delete the cat and could only straight pipe to the axle, and i had to cut off the second o2 sensor since i could not get it out. checked for boost leaks and the intake couple right on the turbo inlet had a crack. i tried to fix it best i could but dont have the money to buy new couplers :(. so im not sure if boost leak which i doubt or fuel pump or something different.

Unfortunately our engines do not have a fuel rail test port so you must tap into the fuel line somewhere after the fuel filter and before the fpr. The manual shows a special adapter that you place inline where the hose meets the fuel rail. But most people get this kit: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/46054-Fuel-Pressure-Gauge-Set/dp/B000CIKCG2[/ame]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back