The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

bad fuel pump??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkarin

Probationary Member
Oct 16, 2012
calexico, California
hello there, im new to the forum and new to DSM's.

i bought a 1995 eagle talon ESI 2.0 (Non turbo) 3 months ago and since i bougth it i cant make it to run right.

the car idle is very bad it bounces from 700 to 1200, and when i step on the gas the car takes long to get speed. also sometimes the car dies while driving, the rev just go to 0!

or whenever going in a constant speed it seems that i get no fuel because i step on the pedal and i get no power nor response but the car is still on.. i have to step on the pedal a few times so my car can accelerate again and sometimes i get explosions too.

anyone with the same issues???

i replaced SPARK PLUGS, SPARK PLUGS CABLES, NEW DSM COIL, CAMSHAFT SENSOR, CRANKSHAFT SENSOR ( NEW PIGTAILS), FUEL FILTER,

im thinking that could be the fuel pump .. any ideas ???
or maybe the timing belt jump a tooth or something?

(my talon its all stock except it has FMU Vortech)
Fuel Management Unit | Vortech Superchargers

did you gap those spark plugs to spec? for your idle did you do a vacuum test? adjust the biss, check the resitance of the isc? and inspect the FIAV? and soes it hezitate and buckle under acceleration? if so its a misfire. have you checked out your power transister?

they're set to .045... but i got the platinum ones, a friend told that if i have the MSD COIL i have to get the iridium ones, is it true? maybe thats the problem??

the wierd thing is that the car sometimes works perfectly but sometimes not. i noticed that the engine gets hot but not all the way up to the red and then the fans turn on, temperature sensor got bad i think...

i forgot to mention that i have the CHECK ENGINE light on. i took it to a mechanic and told me that the code that was trowing was the Oxygen sensor, i replaced it with a used one from a 95 eclipse and the problem didnt get fix...

also no CAT on my talon..

update:

i found a leak between the header and the downpipe. im going to replace that gasket. also im going to replace the tps and iac sensor and see what happens

does onyone know how does the FMU Vortech connects to the fuel rail? just want to make sure it is install correctly.

yeah i would fix that that temp sender soon. do you have a haynes manual? because if you happend to overheat enough you would blow a head gasket and even worse, warp a head. did this through personal expirence.

thank you guys.. i fixed the problem. it was the timing.. the last owner messed it up.

the dsm is back to life xD

thanks.

thank you guys.. i fixed the problem. it was the timing.. the last owner messed it up.

the dsm is back to life xD

thanks.

Im curious to how you've diagnosed it to understand it jumped timing, and how did you go about fixing it, im experiencing something similar not the bucking and not having any power under acceleration, but rather my car not starting and timing may be the cause of my problem, im going to order some new spark plugs and wires next week.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back