The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Anyone know where I can get these no longer produced trim pieces??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RallyEclipse98

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2007
Dallas, Texas
1. The window trim above the driver's side window. You know, the bit that always fades and warps in the sun.
2. The Mitsu badge for the front bumper cover of a 2ga (it's smaller than the 2gb badge).
3. The Mitsu sticker that goes on the hatch.

Would love to track these down but also don't want to get owned on the price. Thanks for any leads!!

1) Window drip molding - good luck. Best bet is trying to restore old ones.
2) p/n is MR311003 This place show it available https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/mr311003
3) eBay https://www.ebay.com/sch/bettfootball/m.html?item=323692122985&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
2) Are you sure this is the right badge for a 2ga? I've seen two sites saying this is for 2gb.

MB882511 seems to be the one I need. Everyone uses the same 2ga diagram which makes it confusing but I think Mitsu just didn't publish 2gb diagrams since the important parts are basically unchanged.

Edit yea, the above part # is for 2ga. The other one was for 2gb. Kind of annoying but they are quite a bit different in size so make sure to get the right one.

Last edited:
Here are the part numbers for the emblems and Mitsubishi hatch decals.

1995-96 Front Bumper Mitsubishi Emblem: MB882511
1997 (Early) Front Bumper Mitsubishi Emblem: MB814979
1997 (late)-1999 Front Bumper Mitsubishi Emblem: MR311003

And the 2G hatch decals came in two colors.
Mitsubishi hatch decal (Gray): MR716496
Mitsubishi hatch decal (Silver Gray): MR716497

Unfortunately, I don't see the 1995-96 emblem at any of the places I typically buy parts from.

I have found the OEM Gray hatch decal on eBay before, and I recently saw someone was making a replica too. The Silver Gray one might be harder to find though. That's the darker one they used on some of the lighter colored cars. You might want to check with a dealership to see which version your car uses and if they can still get it or not.

Good luck man. I know how frustrating this part hunt can be, so I hope my research helps you.

Here are the part numbers for the emblems and Mitsubishi hatch decals.

1997 (Early) Front Bumper Mitsubishi Emblem: MB814979
1997 (late)-1999 Front Bumper Mitsubishi Emblem: MR311003

And the 2G hatch decals came in two colors.
Mitsubishi hatch decal (Gray): MR716496
Mitsubishi hatch decal (Silver Gray): MR716497

Unfortunately, I don't see the 1995-96 emblem at any of the places I typically buy parts from.

I have found the OEM Gray hatch decal on eBay before, and I recently saw someone was making a replica too. The Silver Gray one might be harder to find though. That's the darker one they used on some of the lighter colored cars. You might want to check with a dealership to see which version your car uses and if they can still get it or not.

Good luck man. I know how frustrating this part hunt can be, so I hope my research helps you.
Dang, I respect your research skills! PS I have a part-time work-from-home research position open at my company so if you're interested in a ~15h week research position, let me know.

I thought I had the 2ga emblem in the bag but the website just cancelled the order and marked it on their website as discontinued. :/ I think there's another website that say they have it but it's a lot more expensive. Oh well.

I ordered this hatcher sticker: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324236164693?hash=item4b7dfb3e55:g:KlsAAOSws6JfFk1V

I didn't know there were different colors. I hope it matches my silver 2ga GS-T sticker. It seems like it does but hrrrrm.

Holly crap.. 1K for door rubbers... I bought a whole car for that.. .@Salty-Seagull was able to find the emblems I needed for my 3G... I think he would do a great job as a parts locator but then he would have no time to build his dream car ..

I paid 250 I think just for the upper window trim and that was 10 years ago when they were "available". When I bought the car it looked good, only 52k on it but I immediately stockpiled some of the rubber pieces. Only just a few years ago I dug those out of storage and put them on the car.
If you truly want new pieces they will be expensive.

I paid 250 I think just for the upper window trim and that was 10 years ago when they were "available". When I bought the car it looked good, only 52k on it but I immediately stockpiled some of the rubber pieces. Only just a few years ago I dug those out of storage and put them on the car.
If you truly want new pieces they will be expensive.

Yeah, I bought a set about 10 years ago too for my old Talon, and I don't recall seeing a complete set since. Not new old stock anyway. I did see the passenger side on eBay not too long ago, but I feel like this is one of the hardest to find parts out there at this point. Buying a decent used set is going to be the easiest route for sure (but still not easy).

Update: I can't find anyone w/ this part. Many sites say they have it but they cancel my order after they realize they don't have it/can't get it.

Really don't want to go aftermarket. Guess I'll just sit on eBay watching for one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back