The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Another TPS issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexr254

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2021
Palm Coast, Florida
I was working on tuning my 2G Spyder 4g64 hybrid with ECMLink.
I was getting fine readings from the TPS, then all the sudden the error comes up that there is no communication with the TPS. And yep throttle stays at 0 now, no matter if I floor it or not.

It is a brand new TPS.

I recently swapped in a 1g Throttle Body.
Do I need a 1g TPS as well? Or will the one used on the 2g throttle body work fine?

To answer your question yeah it’s fine to use a 2G TPS. 2G TPS just has the idle switch and TPS in one. You already have that plug and wiring so use that one.

I'd be looking at your wiring to the TPS, including right near the connector. It's a common for stranded wires to snap after so many years and heat cycles. You may have to resolder the connector on after cleaning up the wires of any corrosion, or re-pinning them altogether.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back