The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

811awhp on an FP 35RHTA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm shocked that no one asked about the static compression ratio of this engine....

those are some nice numbers i can wait to get my new pte 6765 to the dyno.

I'm shocked that no one asked about the static compression ratio of this engine....

In Post #6, I asked the question.

Either way, he didn't answer it, and it is his own business. I am guessing that it is likely over 10:1.

It is still around with a few changes over the winter for the 2010 season, in search of horsepower...

Here are some passes from the 09' Shootout.

YouTube - Curt Brown 2009 DSM Shootout

Nate
TPG

As you can see in the video(especially in the first pass) the car was on the NLTS limiter at 6700 due too a high adjusted top clutch switch and a low adjusted NLTS rpm of 6700, fixed switch and raised the rpm to 9000, maybe it will get out of the hole now!

That is a shit ton of power, and on e85 too. Looks like it could move out of the whole harder though.

As usual, interesting things happen when two legends like Nate and Curt get together on a project.

Very impressive fellas!

I don't expect confirmation but I'll assume a higher than 9.5:1 CR is definitely part of the equation, using E85's high RON, this fits surprisingly well within the numbers achieved relative to turbo selection. Don't let any voodoo fool you guys, a good calibration and proper vehicle setup are big parts of the reason these numbers were achieved. Percentage gains are much more pavement delivered ponies when you reach this level.

Haha that's for sure Zack. I consistantly ask the question of "what's missing" and usually that is when they stop replying. Tuners, Link, Talk, doesn't matter the forum.

I bet compression is up around 11:1. Great setup guys! I remember that car from the shootout, it was badass!

Yeah, funny they don't want to reveal a bunch of research, $$, hard work and who knows what else they have done over the last decade to make such amazing cars, cars not car.

Sorry, I'm for sharing info, but we can't expect these guys to keep giving handouts on amazing power/setups.
Plus it usually a lot of higher $$$ stuff that helps that most don't want to spend myself included.

I think we should all be happy they post up their results, that way we know what a maxed setup really looks like. It helped when they did it with the 16g, and I say thank you.

Yeah, funny they don't want to reveal a bunch of research, $$, hard work and who knows what else they have done over the last decade to make such amazing cars, cars not car.

Sorry, I'm for sharing info, but we can't expect these guys to keep giving handouts on amazing power/setups.
Plus it usually a lot of higher $$$ stuff that helps that most don't want to spend myself included.

I think we should all be happy they post up their results, that way we know what a maxed setup really looks like. It helped when they did it with the 16g, and I say thank you.

Actually the difference between the guy that maxes out a turbo setup and the guy that doesn't isn't usually who has the most money but the guy who is the most knowledgeable. Nate is a beast tuner and that's why I"m lugging my heap up to him when it's done to get tuned and Curt has proven to know how to setup a car pretty dam good so that combination of course would result in a very effective setup. Doesn't mean either of them spent ungodly money on the car.

Never said anything about ungodly money. Just it was more than most.

I spent the same amount a 35r would cost on most of my car, add in his built trans and you have my 11 sec/400whp+ car completely paid for.

Again, never said ungodly just more than most. I think u focused on the $$$ signs rather than what else I said too much.

Never said anything about ungodly money. Just it was more than most.

I spent the same amount a 35r would cost on most of my car, add in his built trans and you have my 11 sec/400whp+ car completely paid for.

Again, never said ungodly just more than most. I think u focused on the $$$ signs rather than what else I said too much.

Sure if you compare them to the 16g guy with a bolt on manifold it's a lot. I would bet I have just as much into my car as curt and even though my car is capable of such hp it does not make it yet period.

You said " a lot of high $$$ parts" which isn't the case. High quality yes, reliable yes. A dsm is a dsm and there are only so many parts to change so any guy who has changed out all the big parts with good parts needed to make big hp would easily be in Curt's ball park money wise. Now power that's another story.

I did not focus on the $$$ signs just the misconception of you post ;)

1994 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

BR 2.0 liter Stage III shortblock(JE pistons, GRP aluminum rods)

CB ported 2G head, Kiggly valvesprings, Kiggly HLA restrictor

Forced Performance FP5R intake, FP5R exhaust cam

FP 3586 HTA, Shearer Fabrications header

BR 3" SS turboback exhaust

JMF Drag SMIM, 75mm Full Function TB

Hal Landry -10 Oil cap Vent

BR new 4" race intercooler

Dynatek ARC2 ignition box

BR alt relocate kit

BR double pumper fuel pumps

FIC 2150cc injectors

FIC fuel rail

BR two stage MBC

ECMlink V3 ECU

Shepherd Racing Stage IV transmission

Shepherd Racing REM treated new T-case

Competion Clutch twin disc clutch

DSS 3.5" aluminum driveshaft

DSS rear axles

Brakeman Revolution front and rear brakes

Wedsport TC-005 wheels, Kuhmo XS tires street

Motegi Taclite wheels with M&H Racemaster slicks race

Meagan Racing coilovers w/custom springs

All poly bushings

Chrome moly roll bar by Domination Chassis Shop

Corbeau FX1 Pro seats

VIS CF hood

2550#'s

Best ET 10.33, best MPH 137.74, 499hp, 469 tq FP 16G
Best ET 9.45, best MPH 159.59, 781hp, 573 tq FP 35r HTA

Now new best of 811whp and 672tq on E85

Yeah that is pretty much top of the line stuff that most people don't use. You just contradicted yourself there.

DSS rear axles

GRP aluminum rods

Kiggly valvesprings, Kiggly HLA restrictor

Shearer Fabrications header

Most of that you won't find on your typical DSMers car.

Yeah that is pretty much top of the line stuff that most people don't use. You just contradicted yourself there.

DSS rear axles

GRP aluminum rods

Kiggly valvesprings, Kiggly HLA restrictor

Shearer Fabrications header

Most of that you won't find on your typical DSMers car.

I think you guys are contradicting yourself. You talk about the hp level and go WTF when you see the runs but then go wow that's a lot of money. You have to pay to play. Saying that is a lot of money for a 500whp car yes but to make big hp reliably you need good parts. With the exception of the SHep stuff that stuff is not that high dollar. It may seem like it is to someone who like I said is running around with like a eagle wiseco combo and a 50 trim but to anyone whose building a real drag car it comes with the territory.

I am not curt brown but my turbo system cost more than his my DS cost more than his, I run aluminum rods kiggly springs a top mount manifold and a bunch of other shit that cost "high dollars" as it was put. Any car running low 10's or faster will probably fit that profile too.

You can't talk about a 800whp car and then try and compare it to a "typical" dsm car.

I beg to differ. This car, http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dyno-talk/350097-wingz-performance-hta35r-701-59hp.html which I have seen in person and worked on before, is making close to those numbers now with Eagle rods not GRP Aluminum ones, eBay FMIC not BR 4in, eBay OBX manifold not a Shearer, stock driveshaft not DSS aluminum, DSMGraveyard rear axles not DSS, stock brakes, good springs but not Kiggley's, no HLA restrictors, stock N/A throttle body, off the shelf cams, stock compression, and stock t-case. The car is well over 701whp now and makes 150ft lbs more than Curts car, probably due to cams and stroke though.

You win you win. I'm not here to argue with you about whatever you are trying to say.

Just big respect to these guys and they have revealed enough. Put me in the list of supporters not nay sayers.

Now can we please not nit pick every little thing I type.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back