The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G63 Block oiling Mod problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jettster91

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
caledonia, Illinois
While I was performing the Oiling mod on my block. My carbide Bit snagged the corner, and hopped right up onto the ridge and cut right thru the tape i had laid and cut a little groove into where the gasket lays, Happened twice.. And you can see Via pictures.. Is this going to cause a gasket sealing problem? or do you think the gasket is going to seal into the little groove.. The groove on the right isnt terrible, not really worried about that one just the one in the close up. any advice would be great. i dont even know how you could go about repairing this problem.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0257_1.jpg
    IMAG0257_1.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0259.jpg
    IMAG0259.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMAG0260.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 198
Those passages carry the high pressure oil. Hard to tell how deep they really are. Get a flat edge and lay it across the block and get a better picture.

It happens.. to all of us. The fix is simple.

Clean the bad area with brake clean, so it is oil free.

Mix up a dot of 5 min JB weld and pack it in there.

Come back in a few hours or the next day when it is fully cured and sand flush with a flat back board and 180-220 grit.

Clean the block again before assembly of all grit and dust.

The gasket will lay over it and the pressure from the front case will keep it in place.

For some added insurance a light brush of Non-hardening gasket maker on top of it when you install the front case.

I put a straight edge over it, and theres maybe a hair of light that shows under the straight edge its so small i cant get a pic of it

Thats what i ended up doing, leveled it out with a razor blade didnt really have to sand at all. But Thanks For helping guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back