The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

$465 later this is what I get...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2slow4utsi

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 7, 2009
Eastpointe, Michigan
These are some pictures of the recent machine work on my 1g cylinder head. Notice how the metal that mushroomed over was left. It can be picked away with my fingernail. That'd be great to fall off and #### up the bowl work causing an improper seal of the valve and destroying compression. Even the bowl work isn't impressive.

More pictures showing the cam journals being sandblasted. The head should be solvent washed... Notice how the guide is rusted yet the head was supposedly just finished? Also note that the oil port mod was done and I'm not impressed with how it turned out whatsoever.

Attachments

• image (8).jpg
    image (8).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 113
  • blasted 1.jpg
    blasted 1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 122
  • blasted 2.jpg
    blasted 2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 116
  • blasted 3.jpg
    blasted 3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 105
  • head 1.jpg
    head 1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 120
  • head 2.jpg
    head 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 106
  • head 3.jpg
    head 3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 112
  • head 4.jpg
    head 4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 101
  • head 5.jpg
    head 5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 125
  • head 6.jpg
    head 6.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:
Who did the work on the head?
i want to know because i will never take my stuff there.

I am not going to release this information until I have spoken with the machinist and resolved my situation.

Let me guess a big name in performance? Once someone is successful they seem not to care as much.

No, not even close. I will disclose who when the time is right and my problem has been sorted out.

I'm hoping this would not be the work of a certain Wise man on this forum. The only reason I mention it is because this person mentions doing the oil port mod on all the DSM heads he gets.

I'm hoping this would not be the work of a certain Wise man on this forum. The only reason I mention it is because this person mentions doing the oil port mod on all the DSM heads he gets.

Im pretty sure he wouldn't have done this type of a job he seems to really take a caring towards the DSM community I don't think they would allow this to happen or if it did wouldn't warranty it.

A

I agree, I only said it because he is the only one I know of that does the oil port mod. I feel guilty for even tossing the idea out there because I KNOW that he is very knowledgeable. Maybe he had been drinking LOL

Once I contact the machinist and iron out the wrinkles I will disclose who did the work, if necessary.

I agree, I only said it because he is the only one I know of that does the oil port mod. I feel guilty for even tossing the idea out there because I KNOW that he is very knowledgeable. Maybe he had been drinking LOL

Oil port mod yes he does but tihis work looks nothing like anything he would give to a customer.

Damn, it looks like you gave it to one of the teen-aged honda owners in the neighborhood and told them to port until they were out of dremel sanding drums (which happens fast by the way LOL ) But either way i know i'd be upset.. If i spend 450 bucks i usually get new guides, seals, hot-tank cleaning and many other small touches along with a good OEM quality rebuild.. May not sound like much but hell you didn't get much there either LOL the porting looks like a quickie "scuff the walls" just so it looks like somework was done and then pass it along. :(

Sorry you had that bad experience though it really sucks.

It's no big deal. I've only been reading, researching, building and spending $20,000.00 on my GSX the past three years only to get my head back and it look like this. It's only a minor setback. Hopefully I can still finish my 2g this spring.

Damn, it looks like you gave it to one of the teen-aged honda owners in the neighborhood and told them to port until they were out of dremel sanding drums (which happens fast by the way LOL ) But either way i know i'd be upset.. If i spend 450 bucks i usually get new guides, seals, hot-tank cleaning and many other small touches along with a good OEM quality rebuild.. May not sound like much but hell you didn't get much there either LOL the porting looks like a quickie "scuff the walls" just so it looks like somework was done and then pass it along. :(

Funniest part is you won't BELIEVE who did the work Glenn. I have been shaking and stuttering for over an hour. I'm beyond pissed.

This is why you inspect if closely before paying them a dollar to do anything.

This is why you inspect if closely before paying them a dollar to do anything.

Yeah I should have had the machinist send me pictures of the head. It's my fault that I trusted such a well renowned and reputable machinist. Regardless, I think I will be taken care of.

I think i have a idea and he dont have a dsm in his avatar, i got the clue from "note oil port mod" ouch if it is.

I showed the machinist the oil port mod thread so it could be done on my head. If necessary, I will disclose who did the work.

I think i have a idea and he dont have a dsm in his avatar, i got the clue from "note oil port mod" ouch if it is.

Please wait for facts before you start that stuff. We aren't at the hair salon.

Wow that's bad. What the hell is on the mounting surface? Did they blow a load on your head as well?

Yeah I'm surprised the head didn't come with a 12 inch dildo to shove up my ass as well. All kidding aside, I hope this is resolved ASAP. I've spent far too much money to have this happen to me being as close as I am to finishing my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back