The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G OHM Harness Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryfromthe405

Probationary Member
Nov 9, 2023
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I have 97 GSX hear with OHM engine harness and fuse box relocation.
I've had a difficult time getting ahold of OHM and searched as much as possible.

I have these 2/3 wires on the RH side interior harness and its labeled ALT RLY (see photo below) brown and blue wires and black wire

Then the white connector on the LH side. Has 3 wires going to it but 8 pin connector. Its not labeled

Know where these go?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This from OHM website. Same wires for ALT RLY. Mines just doesn't have the connector.
Does anyone know where this plugs in?

why are you asking? does something not work correctly?

those connectors and pins have nothing in common with the factory 2g wiring

if you have to ask what they are for, you need to remove the harness and check continuity to connections in the harness to see where those pins come from on the other end of the harness.

for all we know the ALT RLY is the alternator relay, or its the, alternative relay for accessory power.

youre going to have to remove the harness and find the matching colors on the other end of the harness

why are you asking? does something not work correctly?

those connectors and pins have nothing in common with the factory 2g wiring

if you have to ask what they are for, you need to remove the harness and check continuity to connections in the harness to see where those pins come from on the other end of the harness.

for all we know the ALT RLY is the alternator relay, or its the, alternative relay for accessory power.

youre going to have to remove the harness and find the matching colors on the other end of the harness
I am asking because Im install the harness and cannot locate where these 2 go.

I believe the Alt relay was a 95-98 only thing. It's actually not a relay at all but a resistor and diode. In the original air harness it should go near where the original air filter would have been. It's a little box shaped thing that plugs into that. I believe it's only real purpose was for the light on the dash.

The 8 pin connector might plug into the back of the interior fuse box, as seen in the background of the photo.

I could be wrong on both of these things so double check.

Last edited:
I believe the Alt relay was a 95-98 only thing. It's actually not a relay at all but a resistor and diode. In the original air harness it should go near where the original air filter would have been. It's a little box shaped thing that plugs into that. I believe it's only real purpose was for the light on the dash.

The 8 pin connector might plug into the back of the interior fuse box, as seen in the background of the photo.

I could be wrong on both of these things so double check.
Thanks for the info.
The ALT RLY has been resolved. OHM didn’t put a connector on the end and kept the relay. Have now ordered a relay and still no reply from OHM.

Now to just figure out where this last connector goes. I checked out the fuse box again and doesn’t go there.

Are you sure it doesn't go into the back of the fuse box? I believe there were two plugs that went into that, and they were really tough to get to because you can't see anything back there.

Are you sure it doesn't go into the back of the fuse box? I believe there were two plugs that went into that, and they were really tough to get to because you can't see anything back there.
I have 3 plugged into the back side of the fuse box, 5 on front and 1 on the side. All plugged in and no more for this connector

Thanks everyone for help. I got it figured out. Its connector C25. Here is a picture of what it plugs into.
Thanks again for all the replies.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back