The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G I really need help figuring this out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny07

Proven Member
Jan 15, 2014
clovis, New_Mexico
Ok, recently had the engine rebuilt. Got it back and car drove fine for about 20 minutes. Turned it off for a little bit and started it up now I'm getting this...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
At first I got a CEL p0300, I replaced the TPS, and Sparkpugs. I've cleaned the throttle body, and replaced the vaccum hoses for the EGR system. I checked for vacuum leaks but couldn't find any. I no longer have any CEL but the car is still doing the same thing..
-RPMS go from 1000 to 250, car almost stalls but doesn't
-Smell of fuel in exhaust and engine bay
-Fuel rail sparking very loudly (see video)
-exhaust bogging (see video)

What's weird is when I rev past 1500 the car sounds fine, but when I let go of the gas it drops to 250 and almost stalls
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks for looking.

Also don't mind the mess, I'm in the middle of painting it

Your BISS screw looks completely closed. Open it up a little bit (unscrew it) also check your idle air control motor.

thanks guys. I found a leaking injector so I'm going to go ahead and replace those hopefully that will take care of the problem. Just wondering, would a leaky injector throw a cel?

Which o-rings did you replace? The upper o-rings or lower? The lower ones are typically the culprit. Did you get the correct kit for the fuel injectors you have?

I replaced the upper O rings Felpro ES70600 I picked up from O'reillys. I have stock injectors
Are my lower injector insulators supposed to be hard or rubbery?
Also, now there's a CEL. I'm going to pick up a code reader and see what it is. I'm absolutely stumped its misfiring and can't hold RPMs even when I take off the idle sensor and adjust the Bisss the idle still jumps

Last edited:
Failing CAS.

Bad IAC, stuck open.

Bad PCV, at higher rpm this has less influence than at idle

Sounds simple, but make sure you don't have a loose plug.

Your mechanical timing is good, what about your electronic timing? CAS Adjustment.

Failing CAS.

Bad IAC, stuck open.

Bad PCV, at higher rpm this has less influence than at idle

Sounds simple, but make sure you don't have a loose plug.

Your mechanical timing is good, what about your electronic timing? CAS Adjustment.
Thanks, I put a new IAC in and I still have the same problem. I'll get a new CAS and try that. And I'll check on the electrical timing.

A leaky injector could very well cause a misfire, but to be sure which hole is the culprit, start it and pull the plug wire off #1. If it runs worse or dies, move on to 2 and so forth untill it does not change when you remove a wire. Once you find it check everything to do with that cylinder. Check the plug for tightness, gap, make sure the plug wire is firmly on botht the plug AND the coil, check injector connector and the wire leading to it. An easy way to check for a vacuum leak is to spritz down mating surfaces, vacuum hoses, couplers ect with carb cleaner while it is running. If it smooths out when you spray your intake runners it could be a gasket or a bad injector cushion. Other than what everyone else has said, thats all i got.

A leaky injector could very well cause a misfire, but to be sure which hole is the culprit, start it and pull the plug wire off #1. If it runs worse or dies, move on to 2 and so forth untill it does not change when you remove a wire. Once you find it check everything to do with that cylinder. Check the plug for tightness, gap, make sure the plug wire is firmly on botht the plug AND the coil, check injector connector and the wire leading to it. An easy way to check for a vacuum leak is to spritz down mating surfaces, vacuum hoses, couplers ect with carb cleaner while it is running. If it smooths out when you spray your intake runners it could be a gasket or a bad injector cushion. Other than what everyone else has said, thats all i got.
Thanks man. I'll try that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back