The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Any DSM Meets in Yuma AZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZTECH

Probationary Member
Nov 12, 2007
Yuma, Arizona
hey I'd like to meet some local dsmers. if you know of any meetings pls let me know. thanks
if not maybe we can start something.

hey thanks for the reply. my car isn't street legal in maricopa county/phx area due to the external wastegate dump tube and deleted cat. plus driving 2-1/2 hours thru the desert without a/c & no music isn't fun. I'm hoping someone local will know of something.

yeah I dont know about that but I know theres a big show coming up for AZ AWD and Avondale Mitsubishi there again on saturday theres food music, food and the sickest DSMs here. check it out.. AZAWD.org - Login :thumb:

SATURDAY MAY 9TH is our next show everyone. Sorry it took so long to decide on a date! Like last time it will be from 10-2. The only differance is we will have it on the southwest side of the dealership. It will be in front of the other building. It will be facing Dysart and give you guys more exposure. That way we'll have some shade too, as it will be a bit warmer. Once again we will have some goodies to hand out and trophies for some of you. We will fire up the grille and be burning dogs again. This may be the last show until later on because it does get hot in Arizona in the summer time. DUH! So tell all your friends and who ever else will listen to you to come out and enjoy the day. Don't forget we sell used cars too! We have five car lines and lots of cars and trucks. You can call Dave Peacock (yep thats his name) at 623-925-5314. He is ready to help you into your next car or truck. Thanks again for all of your great comments. SEE YOU SOON........Doug & Wade,

Hey how's it going AZ Tech. My names Jose and I live in Yuma as well. We use to have little get together's on cruise night on Sunday nights, me and a couple other dsmers. I have 3 dsm's but they are all down for the count at the moment. My 2gb will be up soon after fixing a fuel leak and some tuning. My 1ga gst has a blown headgasket and my gsx is a long term project. The other dsmr's: One moved away, the other bent valves and sold the car and the other blew a motor. I should have my 2g up soon and we can get together and represent at cruise night one of these days. Heck maybe you can help me tune if you know how since I suck at Safc. Take it easy. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

Hey AZTech, im Jeremy, I too live in Yuma AZ. I used to have a 90 GST but just recently bought a 92 laser awd.

Unfortunately there is not much DSM love in Yuma. Me, Jose and a couple of other dsmers used to get together every once in a while. I know there is a couple of other turbo dsms here in yuma, but have not ever heard anything from them.

Have you stopped by the Yuma cruise night on sunday nights, they used to be out at Rally Burger at 24th st and 4th ave, although I have not been for quite a while.

So have you been in dsms long, what kind of background do you have?

Cruise night actually moved from Rally's to the river. The parking area under the Ocean to Ocean bridge is where everyone meets up now. It off of first street, if you take first street all the way until your almost about to merge onto the ocean to ocean bridge you will see the street to your left hand side to go to the parking area to the river. You will see everyone there. Jeremy I want a ride in that beast! Mexicali? Juan said he was gonna wanna go to either Mex or Firebird soon the last time I talked to him.

Well how about that, they finally found a spot just outside the Yuma city cops jurisdiction.

How soon is Juan going to Mexicali? Need to get my butt in gear and get some tuning/logging done then, as well is get the dang profec ebc set right; the gain and start boost settings are so wrong, and now that i got a few vacuum leaks fixed and replaced the boost gauge my "17psi" is actually only 15!

I really don't know when he's going. He doesnt have the weekends off is what sucks. I talked to him through email like 3 weeks ago and he said he was modding it up a little more I think but he wanted to hit the tracks when it was running good and he meant soon before its a scorcher outside. Yeah I think its Sherriffs juristiction but they are dicks as well and they still kick you out if they feel like it. Throw in a $30 manual boost controller and your set. Working sucks URGH!!! I wanna go home!!

hey wats up fellas. my name is robert. its good to hear from some local dsmers. I've had my talon for 5 yrs. and have been building the car since then, slowly, on a budget but it's getting there. I've haven't been as motivated to tune the talon lately as I should be but every now and then I get the urge to complete it. that's why its good to know others w/ simular interests to help motivate each other. so good luck with the boost controller jeremy and I hope to see one of your dsms running soon jose. maybe we can show all the hondas what FAST is!

Hey Robert, what all does your talon have in it?

Let me know if you want any help tuning your 2g, what do you have for use as a logger and are you using afc, dsmlink or something else for fuel managment?

I will be out of the state all next weekend, but if you wanted meet up for a little bit this weekend or even hit cruise night I am down

my talon has everything in my profile atleast. I haven't updated it and i have safcII but its uninstalled. we can meet up anytime but I'm not driving the talon till I install a new timing belt. that's what I meant when I said I wasn't motivated but I already bought the belt so I'm half way there. what have you done to your awd laser?

motor has ross pistons, 1g big rods, arp all around, mls head gasket, 272 cams, mild port and valve job.
Race built trans with 6 puck

Has agp l2r turbo, fmic, gm maf, 660 cc injectors, aeromotive fpr, aem rail, and all the other basic supporting mods.

If you want a hand putting it back together let me know.

I will let you verify the timing on it, but other then that I will help you with whatever you need.

Do you the bs removed already from the motor, if not you might think about doing it, it really wasnt that bad to do on my eclipse with the motor in (although 2g engine bays are a little more cramped then 1gs)

im in yuma as well, i have a 1g gsx awd im trying to get rid of or part out. It needs to have an abandoned title applied for. Im putting a new set of rod bearings in the motor as well as a new front main seal and timing belt, tensioner and idler. If i get the title for it and back on the road i will ask more, If someone wants it for super cheap and spends the time to get the title which will take 30 days ill let it go for cheaper.

$750 as is or $1500 back on the road driving with a title. Its red and the motor runs just fine other than a slight knock which is the reason for the new rod bearings. But ive done these before with no issues. Hit me up Im sure you have seen my main car. LOL White 92 Nissan Sentra Se-r Turbo

Hey Ashton I know someone who is interested in buying the GSX. Does it have any mods?What year? Did you lose the title when it was in your name or did you lose it before it got switched over to you? Hit me up at [email protected] with more details....No Jeremy I aint getting a fourth dsm, but it would be nice though huh(yeah right, another headache)....My big bro is looking for a car for cheap so we will see if he is interested in getting into the dsm scene.

no mods on it at all but the interior is really clean, power windows work good, there is no cd player though. All the electrical seems to work just fine. The motor seemed to have been rebuilt sometime in the past because the inside is really really clean although it looks like they tried to use used parts on it when they did it. The tensioner is seized so im putting a new tensioner and idler on it with a new belt. And also the new rod bearings. The motor seems to run really well for having 2 1/2 year old gas in there. The turbo has no abnormal shaft play meaning it doesnt hardly move at all. Spins freely. Stock exhaust, stock sidemount intercooler.

Needs very little parts.

Apparently the title was lost a long time ago when the last owner sold it to a friend and then moved away. I called the title company and they said all you need to do is bring the car by for the inspection which is 10.00 and they will inspect over the vins and then send out a contact letter to the last registered owner. If no reply in 30 days then they will allow you to switch the title to your name. I havent had the chance to do it yet as i dont have a trailer. But i will be soon if it doesnt sell that way i can get it back on the road. But if you want to save some money buy it as is and do the title and little things and your set. I just dont have a lot of time to put into it. Lol But i will if necessary. haha im already gonna switch those parts out so thats time on my hands.

If you want hit me up, my number is 928-246-1746. I used to want a dsm but i love my sentra so its gotta go. I bought it off a buddy that needed the cash, it wasnt running when i got it and it took me 2 hours to get it running. LOL So yeah more than likely the dmv doesnt even have the last registered owners current address so it should be no problem. Plus he didnt have the title from what i was told. Its been passed down to 3 people before me.

hey jeremy, it sounds like a good set up. did you do all the work on your ride? what time are you running on a 1/4 mile? I have a g-tech that we could use to check your times.

Thanks for the offer to help. I think that would be cool. I have removed the bs already and I have the main belt but I'm going to buy a camshaft position sensor to replace at the same time. maybe we should meet. I'm off work by four and I don't work weekends.

Yeah Jeremy's right about letting you set the gap on the tensioner because if you dont have the correct gap your belt will either snap or it will be too loose and could skip a tooth or come off timing.
Oh Jeremy doesn't it seem like the only times we work on our Dsm's its the middle of the damn summer? I remember helping Jeremy swap out his clutch on his old Gst and damn it sucks in this heat.
Well if you need help im always willing to help as well, im good at taking thinks apart like motor swaps(did a 6 bolt swap on my 2gB FWD) clutches, turbos, t-belts and all that junk, but just dont ask me to do anything electrical or ill be there forever. It took me forever to customize the harness for my 2g since im not that electrically inclined.

Hey guys the name is carlos im from the imperial county area bout an hour from yuma i drive a 95 talon tsi FWD ive seen a few dsm's in my area but dont know the guys personally, glad to know there are some locals here in the forum dsm's FTW!

Whats up Carlos. Have you ever been to the track in Mexicali? We use to go all the time back in the day. Well if we plan another trip any time soon ill let you know so you can join us.

actually yea! i go about once a mo. to the airport strip in mex with my boys in their srt's and celica anyways yea im down to roll whenever just let me know and we can set up something later. i was thinking bout running the talon but im not till i get a new decent clutch and some mounts first

hey fellas what's up. just wanted to welcome ashtonsser and carlos. oh yea Thanks for offering to help jose. If any of you guys need help on your dsm just let me know how I can help. Is everyone over 21. We should set up a meeting. weekends are good for me. just let me know once everyone is available.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back