The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Wire an aftermarket cd player in without buying male-female plugs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright, i just wired my cd player in my car and i figured id let everyone know how to basically hard wire your cd player in your car. First off, take out your old stock radio and cut the connectors off from the car. Look at the connectors before you cut them off, you will see a few wires go to the same port in the connector, all of these wires after you cut them, tie them together with each other. These two sets are your front speakers. Your constant power from the car is a solid blue wire. Use a volt meter to find your power wires and if you cant find a ground, make your own. The Speaker Color Code as ive found in my 90 talon tsi is as follows: Black-Red stripe and White-Red stripe = Front Right Speaker. Yellow-Red stripe and White-Red stripe = Rear Right. Yellow-Blue stripe and White-Blue stripe Right Left Speaker. Last two are your Front left which should be your other set of 2 wires (each, positive and neg.). I noticed i did not use a solid green wire so i just capped it off. All other wires should be used unless you do not need to use your amp turn on wire then you should have two open. Pig tail all your wires together, either use electrical tape or some wire nuts and your good to go, install the bracket on your cd player you may have to modify the black panel that goes in front to now conform to you new cd player. After that your all set, hope this helps at least one person, if this confuses you pay someone to install your cd player for you.

Jason

Or, buy a $6 adapter off eBay, and don't find yourself totally screwed when you go to the next head unit or re-install the stock one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back