The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

The other wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trust me, if anyone can relate to that its me. I was there, and best thing I did was just chilled out a bit. I took a step back, and enjoyed doing other things for a little while. Forcing something is a great way to BREAK something. Take that as literal or figurative as you like, but I live by it.

It'll be worth it in the end, but yeah. Nothing wrong with taking a breather and just getting the motivation back.
The problem is, I don't have much going on otherwise. I put things in motion in certain ways specifically to free myself up for the build. That includes paying 10k to have someone else build a fence and deck for us so that I didn't spend my entire summer doing it myself

and now that's also stalled because they've overbooked themselves and everyone is getting a diluted version of progress. I've been waiting over a week just to get an updated building plan to submit back to the permits office. Turns out you can have 10,000lb capacity steel ground screws as a foundational support and it's just fine, but as long as it's concrete, it needs an engineer stamp. FK sakes.

Anyway. I cleared out my summer for this and now that it's not happening, I'm totally $&@!ING bored off my ass.

Got some measurements.

Mains (after second round of line honing since shop #1 messed up the first time): 0.0021 - 0.0023
Rods, brand new Eagles: 0.0026 - 0.0027 with STD ACL bearings. Kings measured out on the last set of rods (that I've since replaced because they were 0.003+) at 0.0002 less.
So, with King XP rods, I could expect 0.0024 - 0.0025. They may be harder than ACLs, though, so I'm not sure which I will ultimately run.

Shop #2 will touch the pin ends, if needed, and see about that crank scratch early next week. There goes June. :cry:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back