The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Speaker Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronm_2003

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2004
Vincennes, Indiana
Whats up guys? My birthday is tomorrow and I've been wantin to put in a system into my car forever now. I found these at the local audio shop for a pretty good price. The one I am getting is the one on top. It's 3 10's inside the box and a 700 watt amp for like $499 or so. Has anyone had any expierence with these subs? I was just wonderin how they sounded or held out before i dropped a lot of money on them. Thanks.

http://www.carmobilevideo.com/product/DABPWS

What brand are the speakers and the amp? I have 2 friends with bandpass boxes, one in an integra and one in a 2g eclipse. I have never really liked the sound of them, but the eclipse sounds better than the integra. There are a lot of similar bandpass boxes like this on eBay with audibahn subs. I really like the was a nice open sub sounds in an eclipse.

2 alpine 12" type r subs and an alpine mrd-m1005 amplifier, you'll have 1000 watts rms for 900 bucks, but thats from crutchfield, you could probably find it lots cheaper somewhere else, but to me sounds like you are looking to stay pretty cheap, and if you dont need that much bass, just go wit 1 kicker cr12 and this one alpine amp cant remember which but the total came out to like 300 for the both parts, 400 watts rms. Either way you go its good but fo show i know that the alpine type r's will rock like F U [ |<, even just one, thats why when i go to get my car ready for show im droppin in 4 of them wit 2 of those mrd-m1005 amps in a custom fiberglass box :rocks:

but if you really like that setup then its all coo, looks nice to me

KlowdDragon said:
2 alpine 12" type r subs and an alpine mrd-m1005 amplifier, you'll have 1000 watts rms for 900 bucks, but thats from crutchfield, you could probably find it lots cheaper somewhere else, but to me sounds like you are looking to stay pretty cheap, and if you dont need that much bass, just go wit 1 kicker cr12 and this one alpine amp cant remember which but the total came out to like 300 for the both parts, 400 watts rms. Either way you go its good but fo show i know that the alpine type r's will rock like F U [ |<, even just one, thats why when i go to get my car ready for show im droppin in 4 of them wit 2 of those mrd-m1005 amps in a custom fiberglass box :rocks:

but if you really like that setup then its all coo, looks nice to me

Yea, I have an MTX setup in my truck and it is pretty nice. Thats the main reason I'm gettin a system for the Eclipse. I miss the noise! :rocks: But, i figured three ten's and a 700 watt amp for like 500 bucks was a good deal. And i heard the subs, I had him hook them up and run them for me while i was there, and they sound pretty good.

IT's a hatch back, even a single 10" infinity basslink sounds good

I'd get a name brand product if I was dropping $500 on a system... and I sure wouldn't get a chuga chugga bandpass box

JBL 300.1 is under 279 retail + 1 kicker compVR 12 will sound exceptional in a normal semi-ugly premade sealed enclosure... get the bass knob to adjust bass level on the fly.
rougly $500 with all parts and wiring

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back