The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pics of my 6bolt swap so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2002
toledo, Ohio
Here are the pics so far, me and my buddy are ready to pull the old motor out and then the new motor you see is going in, fully built 6 bolt engine.

Attachments

• pdrm0003.jpg
    pdrm0003.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 330
fully built, Like Built for racing? or fully Rebuilt to stock?

hey man im doing the same thing..exept mines partially built
im curious to know what oil cooler do you have ..the air to air cooler or the water to air oil cooler?
if its the air to air from the 90 how are u going about installing it?
and what of your vacum lines hows tha coming along?
and also you know that top sensor your 2g has on the manifold and its missing on the 1g, what did you do about this?
thanks man i would post pics of my swap in progress but i dont know how to host the pics..
thanks man and good luck with the start up me im looking forward to it soon as i get my ACT flywheel
chaye21 <<<<<aim if you ever want to chat
and [email protected]
aight man thanks

Originally posted by chaye
hey man im doing the same thing..exept mines partially built
im curious to know what oil cooler do you have ..the air to air cooler or the water to air oil cooler?
if its the air to air from the 90 how are u going about installing it?
and what of your vacum lines hows tha coming along?
and also you know that top sensor your 2g has on the manifold and its missing on the 1g, what did you do about this?
thanks man i would post pics of my swap in progress but i dont know how to host the pics..
thanks man and good luck with the start up me im looking forward to it soon as i get my ACT flywheel
chaye21 <<<<<aim if you ever want to chat
and [email protected]
aight man thanks

For that sensor that is missing on the plenum on the manifold, you have to weld a hunk of aluminum on there to add it. I believe that RRE has information on that in their website. Here is a pic of it:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Head Stuff:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1g2gheadswaptechtip.htm

Other Swap Stuff:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1gcasin2g.htm

Just dig, they have alot of good info ontheir site. Its like a ####ing onion. Layer, after Layer...

hey man yes i have read over those pages like you wouldnt believe...how in hell did i miss the intake stuff..
any ways got a pic of your coil installation ...i didn mine using the 1g bracket but the plug wires are too close to the fuel return line?
thanks man i apreciate your help
btw mine engine is sitting in the engine stand waiting for the freaking flywheel...it been 2 months since i order it..dam it i could have been done a long time a go
damn..

You don't need to drill/tap for the MAP sensor. I ran a vacuum hose on the unused emissions line on the 1G Throttle body, put some RTV on it, and called it a day.

When I get a DSMLink/AEM unit, I'm going to just toss the whole unit along with emissions.

Originally posted by cait sith
You don't need to drill/tap for the MAP sensor. I ran a vacuum hose on the unused emissions line on the 1G Throttle body, put some RTV on it, and called it a day.

When I get a DSMLink/AEM unit, I'm going to just toss the whole unit along with emissions.

AWWW you are amazing...how come i didnt think of this
thanks man..so so you are using the 2g EGR correct?
thanks and good luck man hope all goes well:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

that is easy my friend..
ok you need to remove your foglights...
then from under the headlight stick a long extension for your ratchet. Then squeeze your hand from the opening of the foglight to the bottom of the headlight with the proper socket in your fingers. Then hook the socket to the extension and find the bolt and unscrew it. the bolt is located like in the middle of the headlight, i think. Its a bit tough but hey it beats removin the bumper..since you have to remove the headlights in order to remove the headlights.
peace

Originally posted by chaye

AWWW you are amazing...how come i didnt think of this
thanks man..so so you are using the 2g EGR correct?
thanks and good luck man hope all goes well:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yes, totally stock EGR and everything.

The car ran fine... for three cylinders... :cry: That's been fixed now, and hopefully once I get the head torqued tonight, I can start it and recheck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back