The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Opinions on my car so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

side skirts
high rise wing
Fog lights
Rims!!
wider tires
suspension
Maintenance

Actually i used to have a very similar car to yours, i hated sooOo much LOL

Home Depot lip mod, get rid of the front plate bracket if you aren't going to use it, defog your head lights or get new ones and do a headlight retro fit!!, and all the above.

Home Depot lip mod, get rid of the front plate bracket if you aren't going to use it, defog your head lights or get new ones and do a headlight retro fit!!, and all the above.

I will be using it once I get my plates in. And my headlights are restored, there's just some condensation on the inside that came out of nowhere and won't go away. But I was thinking about the retrofit as well.

Well if you do the retro fit then that would be a great chance to clean the lens' or else just buy new headlights and have those as back up.

Well if you do the retro fit then that would be a great chance to clean the lens' or else just buy new headlights and have those as back up.

The left one is a little foggier than the right one because I was an idiot and tried to use lacquer thinner to clean it and had no idea what I was ding and it just ate the plastic haha.

Lol, live and learn ;) but definitely get new headlights if you do the retrofit. I'm in the process of buying everything to do a retrofit for my car to do while my car is stored through winter (and finish building block for turbo!) Should be all kinds of fun!

Also are you leaving your car stock or do you plan on going turbo anytime??

Lol, live and learn ;) but definitely get new headlights if you do the retrofit. I'm in the process of buying everything to do a retrofit for my car to do while my car is stored through winter (and finish building block for turbo!) Should be all kinds of fun!

Also are you leaving your car stock or do you plan on going turbo anytime??

What all do you need for the retrofit?
I really want to go turbo, but everyone says just sell it and get a turbo car. At first, I agreed with them, then I got attached. :(

Well im getting everything off of theretrofitsource.com. For my headlights I need the Acura tsx projectors (smaller), then HID lights and ballasts and then time and patience.

You should look there they have a complete retrofit kit for the mini morimoto's (which I think someone else is using on here) starting at $295!!

Does this all look correct for my car?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yup that kit should work, only thing I don't know anything about the shrouds. Like size difference and what not but nothing a dremel can't fix! As for the cut off I have heard its pretty good, I'm trying to track down the guys write up that did a hid retrofit on his car right now.

SWS - I would also up the bulb to 4300k, right in that nice white range with a good blue cutoff line. Here's a link to a guy with a 1g here on tuners - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...or/443547-1gb-quad-hid-retrofit-progress.html

Here's also a pic of a guys here on tuners (credit goes to Holmes714) -
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yup that kit should work, only thing I don't know anything about the shrouds. Like size difference and what not but nothing a dremel can't fix! As for the cut off I have heard its pretty good, I'm trying to track down the guy ps write up that did a hid retrofit on his eclipse right now.

SWS - I would also up the bulb to 4300k, right in that nice white range with a good blue cutoff line. Here's a link to a guy with a 1g here on tuners - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...or/443547-1gb-quad-hid-retrofit-progress.html

What would you go with on the shrouds? As I have no idea even what they are haha.

yes, first and foremost...pleeeeease do your maintenance. you wouldn't want a nice looking car, looking real nice, stuck in your driveway now would you?

but if you must, cosmetically speaking...

1. yes, defog head lamps.
2. please dont install euro tail lights.
3. if you're going to keep the black rims, maybe install a carbon fiber hood? you need something to support the high contrast between white - black. so many cars look so ugly because their owners just throw black rims on, to get that "tuner" look. I've seen some really nice DSMs with gold rims.
4. please don't get a high rise spoiler unless its the OEM gsx/gs-t one.
5. lower it, but with performance in mind. dont just drop it, just to get it closer to the ground.

The shrouds will be a personal preference as to which one you like best. They are the part that goes on the outside of the projector, kind of like a cover basically. Go back to that page on the link I sent you and on the left it should say projector shrouds, it will show you a bunch.

yes, first and foremost...pleeeeease do your maintenance. you wouldn't want a nice looking car, looking real nice, stuck in your driveway now would you?

3. if you're going to keep the black rims, maybe install a carbon fiber hood? you need something to support the high contrast between white - black. so many cars look so ugly because their owners just throw black rims on, to get that "tuner" look. I've seen some really nice DSMs with gold rims.
5. lower it, but with performance in mind. dont just drop it, just to get it closer to the ground.

I disagree 100% on the rims. He has black windows as well as black door handles. Panda's are pure sex, please don't put a ghey different colored hood on it. Perhaps smoke your tail lights or even black housings in the headlights if you decide to do the retrofit.

I disagree 100% on the rims. He has black windows as well as black door handles. Panda's are pure sex, please don't put a ghey different colored hood on it. Perhaps smoke your tail lights or even black housings in the headlights if you decide to do the retrofit.

I actually already smoked my taillights haha.

Well I just dropped a brand new rebuilt engine in it so maintenance is mostly done haha. But I'm having it checked out by a mechanic right now.

Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance!

Then get rid of those wheels and headlights! ;)
All in all, sweet looking ride man. Out of all of the cars I have owned, I've never managed to snag a white one... Always wanted white. I envy thee. Lol. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back