The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to dsm, working on auto->manual 1g conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparknutz

Probationary Member
May 1, 2009
Lempster, New_Hampshire
Hi all,

I'm just making an introduction of myself and my dsm project(s). I purchased 2 91 eagle talon tsi's this winter, one auto pretty much rust free, one manual with a fresh tranny and has had it's rounds in the new england salted roads. At this point, I have the engine out of the automatic, shift linkage and shifter installed, wiring harness changed all the way from the right rear marker light to the engine harness, pedal assembly changed with clutch master cylander installed.

I'm thinking of running hillclimbs with this after it's completed, waiting on parts to arrive before I go any further. If anyone else has completed this swap successfully on a 1g dsm, I'd be interested in discussing it. I have researched the project, seen some in between work, but I don't recall seeing anyone with a successful swap, but many giving up with that pedal assembly "nightmare".

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Happy boosting :hellyeah:

-Matt

Hi all,

I'm just making an introduction of myself and my dsm project(s). I purchased 2 91 eagle talon tsi's this winter, one auto pretty much rust free, one manual with a fresh tranny and has had it's rounds in the new england salted roads. At this point, I have the engine out of the automatic, shift linkage and shifter installed, wiring harness changed all the way from the right rear marker light to the engine harness, pedal assembly changed with clutch master cylander installed.

I'm thinking of running hillclimbs with this after it's completed, waiting on parts to arrive before I go any further. If anyone else has completed this swap successfully on a 1g dsm, I'd be interested in discussing it. I have researched the project, seen some in between work, but I don't recall seeing anyone with a successful swap, but many giving up with that pedal assembly "nightmare".

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Happy boosting :hellyeah:

-Matt

I will show you a successful swap in about a week. Complete body off chassis. Just wait my thread will be coming up.

Nice. I knew I couldn't be the only one out there too stubborn to give up. After checking out the compound turbo thread, I felt I might as well reach out and see who's doing something similar to myself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back