The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Manual Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63tk

Probationary Member
Oct 30, 2022
Rockford, Illinois
How much would it be for the parts to manual swap a 2g eclipse?

Just replied to your gs 4g63 engine swap question. What are your goals? Why the swap?

Me - I am swapping at->mt because I like driving a manual, plus fewer and fewer people know how to drive one. But if you are looking for power and speed, consider keeping (or looking for a different) automatic. Reason is the fwd manuals have power (torque) limits below the automatics due to internal components.

There used to be a big audience for beefing up the manuals, but that has died off due to age so most (if not all) tranny shops have stopped offering this service. The parts they used to use (evo 1-4 mt gear sets) aren't readily available anymore.

In contrast, the automatics can still be strengthened to some extent, and a shift kit added, to put down more power than the manuals (fwd).

Define what your ultimate goals are and we can advise you as to the best course of action.

Steve

If you find a donor car that has all the parts you need, you should only have to spend the amount it'll take to buy that car. Buying parts 1 at a time could be a cheaper route, but would take longer most likely. The swap is easy if you know what you're doing. As someone who has done it, it was really easy as the only issue of concern was drilling the hole in the firewall for the clutch master cylinder. All other parts where direct bolt in. (I already had all the parts I needed though, through years of collecting random DSM parts and parts cars)

I lucked up and found a gsx with an evo swap in it, that i used for my donor car when i did my auto to manual swap. i think i gave 500 for it but that was 7 years ago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back