The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

just answer website

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
Has anybody used this website? Outside of DSMs sometimes we just need an expert on something. Appliances, other cars etc etc. The internet searches I've done on this subaru are just worthless.

Support for other cars isn’t as good as we are used to with DSM’s. When these cars came out, even the dealerships could not properly repair them. Owners took it into their own hands and it aligned with better communication and ease of sharing information on the internet. Gran Nationals and turbo K cars are in the same class.

Subaru’s as well as other cars are weird in that opinion goes further than fact. That doesent fly well in the examples above. My daily is a 2017 Impreza that I bought new. I had a starter issue that I was able to get half the information needed through YouTube. I ended up repairing it for $50 and upgrading the failure prone one way clutch in the process. Sadly all the information is not recorded in a single place. I saw someone with the exact same symptoms on a Subaru bbs and I gave him all the information. Months go by, no reply, silence.

So Subarus are weird. They aren’t well documented and what is documented is flawed information imo. This is actually a larger problem with the internet, the art of troubleshooting, and societies “I need it now” mentality even if the information is wrong. People will take a wrong answer if it’s quick because the lack the ability to do the research or wait for a correct answer that takes time to provide.

I’m interested to see if anyone has ever paid for a site like that and had a good experience? When I find archived threads from sites like that, it’s rarely more helpful than the stuff I can find on YouTube.

Paul, do you have all the service manuals you need for that one? I’m sure you’ve heard of the charm.li website.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back