The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Ingersol Rand boost control solenoid mount options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jk's97DSM

Supporting VIP
Apr 27, 2006
Norfolk, Virginia
Another one of those “I just don’t know if I’m looking hard enough” posts.
Two mount holes offset on the right side. I only seem to find ones for the MAC valves and also have one billet one that seems to be for the MAC. What are my options?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I used the second one and love it.

I used the second one and love it.
I found the speed factory one minutes after posting after searching for days. I’m assuming as close to the wastegate as possible for response?

Response would be measured in milliseconds for such a small I.D. hose for either the fill or bleed phases as solenoids do
I may do some testing to see if 1ft vs 3ft really actually matters, which I have a strong belief it doesn't, since the solenoid is maintaining some amount of positive pressure when in boost anyway. A few millimeters x 2ft or more will pressurize above pretty quick.
I'd sooner keep it insulated from external heat sources and use high quality hoses of a proper ID rather than cheap, coloured silicon than worry whether 1ft vs 2ft of hose makes a difference to how quickly (in ms) the WG sees your reference signal. Those with slower spooling turbos also have even less to worry about, as the reference signal takes longer to build anyway.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back