The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Ignition fusible link

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanCollins

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Tully, New_York
Hey guys I'm in need of some assistance with my ignition fuse problem.

About 2 weeks ago I was cruising home and when stopped at a light 1/2 mile from my house the whole car just died. So I pulled her back to my house with my Montero and she has sat while I try to figure it all out since. I have searched and searched and done what others have in the past wrote about but nothing has fixed my blown fuse.

Now the symptoms would be, once I plug a new fuse in, I plug the negative battery terminal in and hear a slight click. Now I put the key in the ignition turn the key to the on position and everything lights up as it should and then about 15 seconds goes by and pop fuse blows and everything turns off.

I thought it was the starter but even before I crank it the fuse pops. What could be causing this?

Also I tried putting in a bigger fuse to hopefully find smoke or the arch but nothing, it just eventually blew that fuse as well. Please any help or a push the right direction would be much appreciated.

Also I don't have a sunroof or power seats and all the fuses in the kick panel look good but there is half of a viper system still in the car that I can't figure out how to remove either.

I found a bad spot in the harness where the turbo timer was installed that has melted at one of the connectors.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It looks like the wires change colors in this section can I rewire this without buying another harness?

This is the harness from under the dash.

Harness coming from the ignition switch

This is what melted.

It looks like this adapter changes the colors of the wires from the harness to the ignition though how can I go about fixing this? I hooked the two sides of the harness direct but it felt like it was getting hot so I turned it off before it did more damage.

Please someone help me out I need to get my car running again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back