The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

World Cup Finals (import vs. domestic) November 6-7th 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I meant "correct" as in I didn't see your car. Sorry that you are so disappointed that I missed it.

I would be disappointed that any dsm didn't get noticed. We are a minority. I enjoy meeting others with dsm's so yes I would be disappointed at missing that opportunity.

there was a guy with a mirage that looked like an evo 2 or 3. he run good. i think 10.06 @149 6262 turbo.he was still fwd not awd but it was moving pretty good

I meant "correct" as in I didn't see your car. Sorry that you are so disappointed that I missed it.

So dan you were there and didnt come find me for some chit chat, So disappointed.......I was there helping on the Wendy's wings project. Bummer we didnt get to meet

I was just putting this out there for anyone who didn't know about it yet as well as to see if anyone was planning on going. I just recently found out about it on a local forum and I heard that Shep was trying get his car ready so he could make it out.:hellyeah::D:rocks: IF he can get it ready to go I will HAVE to make the trip. Anyway the race is being held at MIR in Budds Creek, Maryland and here is the link. I will be hoping and praying over the next few weeks for the ultimate domestic destroyer to be ready to go.:pray:

..::# World Cup Finals (Import vs. Domestic)# @# Maryland Int'l Raceway ::..

Is that Shep whoppin some mustang ass @ 1:40? :hellyeah:

It was, but he lost that race.

MIR World Cup brought out some BEAST, a large group of sub 9sec imports too!

Local legend Jamie Carter had his car out there after rebuilding it the week of World Cup.

Unfortunately bad luck followed the crew down to MIR, car will be back up and running next season and ready to kick more top shop ASS!

YouTube - Supra_N20_Fire.wmv

So dan you were there and didnt come find me for some chit chat, So disappointed.......I was there helping on the Wendy's wings project. Bummer we didnt get to meet

I had no idea you were there as well. I also didn't know wendy's wings car was there. I walked the whole pits and ran into Gary A with the champange 1g and talked to the guy with the 2g dark colored FWD DSM. I also saw the red 2g run twice.

I had no idea you were there as well. I also didn't know wendy's wings car was there. I walked the whole pits and ran into Gary A with the champange 1g and talked to the guy with the 2g dark colored FWD DSM. I also saw the red 2g run twice.

i saw gary a in the pitts also did you see him make a pass?

I saw one of his passes 11 something at 150 or 160mph. Every time a car oiled down the track I would take a long walk around the pits. This is where I may have missed some of the cars racing. The 10.5" and 275X class mustangs were amazing to watch! Deep 6 second pass in the one 275 drag radial mustang.

i dont think he lost... if you look at the time stamps i think Shep wins.. 1/4 miles dont mean who got there first.. i could launch a whole second after a competitor but if my time is faster than his/her... i win duh.. but anyway.. if shep lost i still think he won in my book.. 4 banger vs. 8 bangers

thats like a midget vs shaq and midget loses by 1 point.. shaq gets no respect!

i dont think he lost... if you look at the time stamps i think Shep wins.. 1/4 miles dont mean who got there first.. i could launch a whole second after a competitor but if my time is faster than his/her... i win duh.. but anyway.. if shep lost i still think he won in my book.. 4 banger vs. 8 bangers

thats like a midget vs shaq and midget loses by 1 point.. shaq gets no respect!

:ohdamn:You have it backwards sir.....first to cross the lines wins...no ifs and or buts. It's been that way since the beginning.

MIR World Cup brought out some BEAST, a large group of sub 9sec imports too!

Local legend Jamie Carter had his car out there after rebuilding it the week of World Cup.

Unfortunately bad luck followed the crew down to MIR, car will be back up and running next season and ready to kick more top shop ASS!

YouTube - Supra_N20_Fire.wmv

And he still ran a 7.9X and 8.05 pass after that!

Heads up racing R/T counts on who gets the win.

Intense racing, esp the wild street final!!

We were about 10 cars down on the same side as the champagne one.

Dan I was all decked out in English Racing swag, was running around with my head cut off as well. Yeah like Sandy said we were just about 10 more spaces down track on the corner, we also had a blue and silver moostang in our pits kinda blocking view of Wendy's Wings. Oh well I think it would be pretty awesome for me to try and make this event next season some how in my pile of crap. I could run in the auto/et class so I dont get all beat up by those big scary V8 guys.ROFL

Humph, we stopped by to talk to gary during an oil down and then the racing started back up and we went back to watching racing. I guess I should have ventured further on down later the next day.

Yeah, the 10.5" and 275X class domestics were out in force.

While i was checking some cars out in the pits, the racing started back up and i heard them announce a car went 6.61 @ 224 !! This is getting stupid fast. Sorry I didn't run in to any of you down there, next year we'll have to see if we can get some more DSMs down the track.

Wolfe's car is nothing short of f'n nuts. It was high 30's temp outside and these guys were pushing these cars to the edge:hellyeah: I think my car falls in the X275/ hotrod class, there were 6 sec domestics in here as well. still would have been fun as hell

YouTube - David Wolfe Drag Radial Twin Turbo Mustang 6.57sec!!!

That was possibly the car you heard announced. Oh yeah, and its on a drag radial!

INSANE is right! :hellyeah:

7.71 Looks like Shepherd was asleep at the light. Was that qualifying or eliminations?

I'm wondering where i stimbled upon a few pics of the 1G along with some pics i believe from the guys/gal from STM when they made a trip to Ohio.

I spied some Holeshot wheels on it and can't find the thread anymore :ohdamn:

Can anyone help if you saw it also? :pray:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Found this pic and it seems i was seeing things i guess these are the CCW's he used on his Evo thought they were Holeshots :D

I know there are a couple more pics of a different angle though floating around.....

Sorry to go OT but i found the link:
Thompson Dragway | Facebook

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back