The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Won't go into gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

res7bequ

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2007
Hawaiian Gardens, California
I picked up a 95 GSX on friday and the guy said he hadn't driven the car in a few months and that the slave cylinder would have to be replaced. I replaced it and bled it but the pedal stays on the floor unless I pull it up. If I go all the way down the rpms drop a little bit and whether its on or off the tranny won't go into any gear:confused:. Anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance -Elias

Check all the clutch lines, might be a kink and a crack where the fluid is leaking out. Also check the master cylinder.

replaced master cylinder and now I get pressure but the pedal won't go all the way down and I still can't get into gear even with the car off. Would a bad clutch cause these symptoms?

Sadly, if you cannot shift when the car is OFF, then it most likely a mechanical issue. I would suspect the clutch fork, fulcrum, clutch/flywheel, or trans assembly. First thing to check is locate the clutch fork 'finger' and see if it sits in the middle of the window of the trans (where the slave rod pushes it), If it's in the center, have a friend pump the clutch to see if the slave is moving the fork back and forth.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back