The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

why HONDA???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

people here mass stereotype hondas, but they can be made to be serious machines.
My buddy's old build on his sohc ran him about 2k and put the car into the 11's.
Now it actually has some decent money into it, probably about 4k-5k and its putting down 475whp with 25k on the motor, just a vitara build.

I love DSM's, but I love hondas too. No I don't like the ricers, or the ones who do a swap and put a fart can on it and think it's the fastest thing in the world.

My choice of cars of what i would drive... Well dsm, ka-t s13 fully built, srt4, or an v8 domestic. Yes i own a domestic and they are fast no re placement for displacement... Notice how honda was known of those.

Honda Haiku

The Little Honda
Slow and Steady it drives by
Too slow to race

Go to ccdsm.net and you'll find all your CT dsm lovers there. Not very many people come on tuners from this area.

Where's the grammer police when you need'em. How is it that all of his comments go unoticed? I smell a troll...

*grammar

*unnoticed

:p

It's the Hangout. Ignorance runs free.

Hondas are only sold more so and owned more so than dsms because uhm.....There are literally 10x more hondas made than dsms....LOL If reliability was in a factor I would say neither Honda or dsm are more reliable than the other....I see busted ass Hondas on the side of the road EVERY day.

Only thing a Honda is good for is gas mileage and weeding out the real car enthusiasts.

You can't underestimate a Honda. Remember that Honda has the S2000, Preulde, and NSX-R GT. Honda's civic type R engine is also used in the Ariel Atom. The problem with honda is 17 year olds get a civic and add DC headers and an intake with a glass pack exhaust and act like they're running 12s. Ive seen preludes that have serious power in the H22A. So if your "Honda buddies" have S2000s and a NSX, theyre allowed to talk about your NT eclipse. Just like a GSX guy can talk about mustang GTs.

I don't know if you guys on the eastcoast come across deals like this, but I just bought a 90' Talon TSI AWD for $1,100. I am the second owner, it has 128k miles and no major problems. I have daily driven it for the last 6 months. I just wanted to say that you can find nice DSM's for cheap. I also went to the track for the first time last friday. I saw nothing but Honda guys! The funny thing is they all think they have the fastest cars. Granted 75% of them are boosted over here, but only a small majority run quicker than 14's and they have to have giant slicks to get those times! My point is I ran a 14.9 @ 92mph all stock, full weight (over 3,700 lbs), crappy street tires with my wife in the car. DSM's > Honda! I actually have a FMIC on it but that probably makes me slower vs. the stock IC because of slower spool, I planned on putting it on my other DSM but the build is going slow because of money and I figured I would just throw it on this car for now. Anyways, I know thats not impressive but I love my two 1g DSM's. They can be great cars if you take care of them. Go find yourself a nice TSI or GSX and you'll be happy.

Attachments

• 0514010641s.jpg
    0514010641s.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 0514010641as.jpg
    0514010641as.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 0514010642as.jpg
    0514010642as.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 0514010642s.jpg
    0514010642s.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 62
Hondas are so riced up around my area. I always find a honda that wants to race me. And they always lose. They think their car is fastest thing around cause of their engine swap or jdm stuff.

I love Hondas but more importantly DSM's. However I would KILL to have an NSX, if you can even find one. And dont clown on those Saturns too much, Those Redlines are no joke hahah

OP needs to go back to school and learn to spell before:

1.Posting on this forum.
2.Driving a motor vehicle.

What a joke.

Heh hondas can be serious drag machines. I don't know too much about them but I did know a guy running 11s in a 1.6l sohc non vtec. He ended up selling it when he put a 100 shot on it and went slower.

I love all the people who say something dumb about not stereotyping Hondas. Newsflash, stereotypes don't exist because they are largely untrue, they exist because a good sizable portion of a group meets the stereotype, there is always truth to a stereotype.

This thread isn't about the guys who can afford an NSX (almost nobody here anyway) or S2000s (which I feel are largely overestimated), this is about what you are more likely to run into, and it's a riced out crapbox Civic that thinks their car is the greatest thing since sliced bread and faster than everything on the market. If I see a fast Honda, I give it respect, but it seems some people here are living in a fantasy world or haven't ventured too far from the DSM world and actually see just how many of them are pieces of junk.

There was at one point on Pass Time an RSX Type S with a supercharger, the guy ran a 14.9, the car stock runs a 14.9 to 15.1 and this clown thought his car was so awesome for running a 14.9 while supercharged. That is what you are likely to run into with a Honda "boi."

yeah there no even 1 person that are dsm...i feel like im the only 1 in bridgeport

Bridgeport, Conneticut
2010 Population : 144,229
Dsm Population (according to you) : 1

San Francisco "Bay Area", California
2010 Population : 7,150,000 ish
Dsm Population (according to the last couple of meets) : about 30

I'd say your difficulties finding another dsm in your immediate area are not uncommon. Learn a couple things and don't rice your car out.

I bought a honda to mow my lawn,and whip my grass. But id use a honda to whipe my ass.

And also, Hondas all sound the same except for this one a came across yesterday. I don't think he had a muffler so it sounded fast!

For so many years the top 10 cars stolen have more the one honda in it. And im pretty sure not once have I seen a dsm of any year be on any list.

230,000 miles on my 91 tsi and still rollin. so mileage for hondas is not why, low theft rate is not why, price for them probably,looks..its edging it, but to answer your question, why honda? I am assuming just for mowing lawns.:hellyeah:

I like my Honda. It ran about a 17 sec 1/4 at elevation and tows my DSM everywhere. How cool am I?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

XiKeiyaZI: your Haiku is missing a syllable :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back