The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Who here has the Syomborski shifter bushing kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieselboy

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2002
Seattle Area, Washington
Just curious to hear some reviews about it? I planned on ordering the kit and was wondering how hard was the install and how are the after affects/differences of it?

I have it. Install was very easy and the difference is very noticable.

I just purchased the kit.. sorry.. I have yet to install it.. plus my car is put away for the winter...

I am not planning on installing it until I take the car out a couple times this spring so I can see what the difference is.. From what I have read and from the people I have talked to, the general impression is that it makes a MAJOR difference in how the shifter feels with a lot less missing the 2nd to 3rd shift when hard shifting..

The shifter becomes solid as a rock, and no more mushyness.:thumb:

where can you get the kit from? i have looked (not REAL hard) but didnt find any info yet.

Hey Shad, I see you havent driven your car for 3 months eh? Me neither, havent driven it since I purchased it in the first week of November. Ill be getting it back on the 25th FINALLY from a 6 Bolt swap and ACT 2600 install, so lets see...... 8 days and counting for me ;)

Originally posted by Dieselboy
Mach V :thumb: Thats where I plan on picking my kit up from along with my 2G knob :p

Me too! I need a leather knob

I did it last year. Big difference in how much play the shifter had (all you have to do is pull the center console and squash the shifter around a bit to see how much it travels on those rubber bushings). I did a B&M short shifter at the same time, which I also highly recommend (50% reduction, made a huge difference in shifting without increasing the effort needed).

Originally posted by logic
I did it last year. Big difference in how much play the shifter had (all you have to do is pull the center console and squash the shifter around a bit to see how much it travels on those rubber bushings). I did a B&M short shifter at the same time, which I also highly recommend (50% reduction, made a huge difference in shifting without increasing the effort needed).

Did you install it all yourself? Maybe since you don't live too far from me, you could help a young inexperienced 17yr old with the install when I get mine during the summer?? I tired of dishing out $50 to the local ricer shop.

Originally posted by justincredible

Did you install it all yourself? Maybe since you don't live too far from me, you could help a young inexperienced 17yr old with the install when I get mine during the summer?? I tired of dishing out $50 to the local ricer shop.

I'm in Oak Lawn I can help are you getting a turbo or non turbo??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back