The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Shifter bushing installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsugsx95

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
-, Illinois
Can anyone tell me if this is the right way to install the shifter bushings?
Im not sure if the larger end is suppose to be on the top or bottom.

Attachments

• bushin2.jpg
    bushin2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 172
heres another pic.

Attachments

• bushing.jpg
    bushing.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 166
The bushing goes up through the bottom and the bolt secures it from the top. But, what you could do is leave the bushings out. Replace the rubber bushing with metal ones with the correct inside diameter for the hole. Place a washer above and below the hole and put the bolt straight through on all four. This will give you a firmer shifter and crisper, more positive gear engagement. Some people don't like the notchiness, I prefer it but I guess it is entirely up to your taste and driving style. Try it you might like it.:dsm:

The bushing goes up through the bottom and the bolt secures it from the top. But, what you could do is leave the bushings out. Replace the rubber bushing with metal ones with the correct inside diameter for the hole. Place a washer above and below the hole and put the bolt straight through on all four. This will give you a firmer shifter and crisper, more positive gear engagement. Some people don't like the notchiness, I prefer it but I guess it is entirely up to your taste and driving style. Try it you might like it.:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back